Prostate cancer

just had my appointment with the surgeon and he also advised active surveillance so ive dicided to go with all the advice, got a psa test evry three months and a scan in twelve months unless there's a change in psa, in which case a scan will be done earlier, can change my mind at any time if i want, just need to try and put it out of my mind now and crack on
Sounds like a great plan to me. They are obviously not concerned that you are in imminent danger so you can get on with your life with the back up of being checked at regular intervals.

I couldn't find this thread yesterday for some reason. Anyway, had the dreaded colonoscopy on Monday at Macclesfield hospital and what a well run,clean and tidy hospital it is(or at least it was in my case) Started at 7pm on Sunday drinking the plenvu solution.. OMFG! The worst fucking thing you will ever EVER drink! Sea salt meets thick gloopy saccharine induced cheap cordial. Totally horrendous! Then again on Monday at 6am.. the 2nd dose(punch flavour) was even worse than the mango offering on Sunday. So whilst every bugger was out drinking watching the match, I was on the bog! Great timing hey. Missed all the goals :( But so be it. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, just the first few minutes when it's going around your U bend thing. Just had that horrible feeling I was gonna shit on the poor bastards at any time. So the procedure finished and the doc said everything was perfect which was nice. So off I went to the recovery room to have a brew.. but by this time I was having horrendous stomach cramps. I'd opted for no anesthetic,just gas n air. Then nurse left me to put my clothes on and this pain seemed to go into over drive.. I'm stood there doubled up with my knob out in fucking agony.. Next salute I felt I needed to go, but I had no pants on, but I thought fuck it, I need to go. So I pulled the screen across and streaked to the bog(which was conveniently about 10 metres away) bollock naked! It was the ladies bog but I didnt give a shit(pardon the pun)I got on the bog and did the biggest, longest and loudest fart ever! It was like when Vivian was pregnant on the young ones. I have never felt more relief in my life. I sat on the bog for about 10 minutes and it was like a scene from Blazing saddles. Eventually I finished and most of the trapped air had gone and my stomach ache had 80% disappeared. But I had a problem.. I was bolloko. I had to put my head round the door and beckon a lovely,yet flustered Indian nurse over to retrieve my clothes from my bed. When I got out they were pissing themselves at me. But joking aside, they were brilliant. So in the last month or so I've had the checks for prostate then bowels and fortunately all good. My heart goes out to you guys struggling but what I do recommend is getting checked out on both, especially if you're a certain age and lifestyle, it could save your life.

Last edited:
I couldn't find this thread yesterday for some reason. Anyway, had the dreaded colonoscopy on Monday at Macclesfield hospital and what I well run,clean and tidy hospital it is(or at least it was in my case) Started at 7pm on Sunday drinking the plenvu solution.. OMFG! The worst fucking thing you will ever EVER drink! Sea salt meets thick gloopy saccharine induced cheap cordial. Totally horrendous! Then again on Monday at 6am.. the 2nd dose(punch flavour) was even worse than the mango offering on Sunday. So whilst every bugger was out drinking watching the match, I was on the bog! Great timing hey. Missed all the goals :( But so be it. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, just the first few minutes when it's going around your U bend thing. Just had that horrible feeling I was gonna shit on the poor bastards at any time. So the procedure finished and the doc said everything was perfect which was nice. So off I went to the recovery room to have a brew.. but by this time I was having horrendous stomach cramps. I'd opted for no anesthetic,just gas n air. Then nurse left me to put my clothes on and this pain seemed to go into over drive.. I'm stood there doubled up with my knob out in fucking agony.. Next salute I felt I needed to go, but not pants on, but I thought fuck it, I need to go. So I pulled the screen across and streaked to the bog(which was conveniently about 10 metres away) bollock naked! It was the ladies bog but I didnt give a shit(pardon the pun)I got on the bog and did the biggest, longest and loudest fart ever! It was like when Vivian was pregnant on the young ones. I have never felt more relief in my life. I sat on the bog for about 10 minutes and it was like a scene from Blazing saddles. Eventually I finished and most of the trapped air had gone and my stomach ache had 80% disappeared. But I had a problem.. I was bolloko. I had to put my head round the door and beckon a lovely,yet flustered Indian nurse over to retrieve my clothes from my bed. When I got out they were pissing themselves at me. But joking aside, they were brilliant. So in the last month or so I've had the checks for prostate then bowels and fortunately all good. My heart goes out to you guys struggling but what I do recommend is getting checked out on both, especially if you're a certain age and or a lifestyle, it could save your life.
Brilliant mate , I was chuckling away imagining the scene great to share stories on the thread .
Best of luck in the future.

I couldn't find this thread yesterday for some reason. Anyway, had the dreaded colonoscopy on Monday at Macclesfield hospital and what I well run,clean and tidy hospital it is(or at least it was in my case) Started at 7pm on Sunday drinking the plenvu solution.. OMFG! The worst fucking thing you will ever EVER drink! Sea salt meets thick gloopy saccharine induced cheap cordial. Totally horrendous! Then again on Monday at 6am.. the 2nd dose(punch flavour) was even worse than the mango offering on Sunday. So whilst every bugger was out drinking watching the match, I was on the bog! Great timing hey. Missed all the goals :( But so be it. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, just the first few minutes when it's going around your U bend thing. Just had that horrible feeling I was gonna shit on the poor bastards at any time. So the procedure finished and the doc said everything was perfect which was nice. So off I went to the recovery room to have a brew.. but by this time I was having horrendous stomach cramps. I'd opted for no anesthetic,just gas n air. Then nurse left me to put my clothes on and this pain seemed to go into over drive.. I'm stood there doubled up with my knob out in fucking agony.. Next salute I felt I needed to go, but not pants on, but I thought fuck it, I need to go. So I pulled the screen across and streaked to the bog(which was conveniently about 10 metres away) bollock naked! It was the ladies bog but I didnt give a shit(pardon the pun)I got on the bog and did the biggest, longest and loudest fart ever! It was like when Vivian was pregnant on the young ones. I have never felt more relief in my life. I sat on the bog for about 10 minutes and it was like a scene from Blazing saddles. Eventually I finished and most of the trapped air had gone and my stomach ache had 80% disappeared. But I had a problem.. I was bolloko. I had to put my head round the door and beckon a lovely,yet flustered Indian nurse over to retrieve my clothes from my bed. When I got out they were pissing themselves at me. But joking aside, they were brilliant. So in the last month or so I've had the checks for prostate then bowels and fortunately all good. My heart goes out to you guys struggling but what I do recommend is getting checked out on both, especially if you're a certain age and or a lifestyle, it could save your life.
I had to have the three litre prep as the two dose one didnt empty me out enough , funnily enough it tasted ten times better , obviously much more of it but it was a strong lemon flaviour , mind you i will never drink anything lemon again , lol

Yeah, uncomfortable for a day or so but worth it in the end. Cheers mate, and good luck yourself.
I remember my procedure there was six student nurses in attendance, after giving the ok for them to be there I looked at the the size of the probe and gulped and asked the doctor “ are you not taking me out for drink first ? “ . Lightened the mood for students they looked more nervous than me.

I had to have the three litre prep as the two dose one didnt empty me out enough , funnily enough it tasted ten times better , obviously much more of it but it was a strong lemon flaviour , mind you i will never drink anything lemon again , lol
However rank it was, it surely couldn't of been worse than the punch flavour..could it!? :-/ The thing I had 8 years ago was movoplan or something similar sounding, whilst being rank, was nowhere near as bad.

I couldn't find this thread yesterday for some reason. Anyway, had the dreaded colonoscopy on Monday at Macclesfield hospital and what a well run,clean and tidy hospital it is(or at least it was in my case) Started at 7pm on Sunday drinking the plenvu solution.. OMFG! The worst fucking thing you will ever EVER drink! Sea salt meets thick gloopy saccharine induced cheap cordial. Totally horrendous! Then again on Monday at 6am.. the 2nd dose(punch flavour) was even worse than the mango offering on Sunday. So whilst every bugger was out drinking watching the match, I was on the bog! Great timing hey. Missed all the goals :( But so be it. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, just the first few minutes when it's going around your U bend thing. Just had that horrible feeling I was gonna shit on the poor bastards at any time. So the procedure finished and the doc said everything was perfect which was nice. So off I went to the recovery room to have a brew.. but by this time I was having horrendous stomach cramps. I'd opted for no anesthetic,just gas n air. Then nurse left me to put my clothes on and this pain seemed to go into over drive.. I'm stood there doubled up with my knob out in fucking agony.. Next salute I felt I needed to go, but I had no pants on, but I thought fuck it, I need to go. So I pulled the screen across and streaked to the bog(which was conveniently about 10 metres away) bollock naked! It was the ladies bog but I didnt give a shit(pardon the pun)I got on the bog and did the biggest, longest and loudest fart ever! It was like when Vivian was pregnant on the young ones. I have never felt more relief in my life. I sat on the bog for about 10 minutes and it was like a scene from Blazing saddles. Eventually I finished and most of the trapped air had gone and my stomach ache had 80% disappeared. But I had a problem.. I was bolloko. I had to put my head round the door and beckon a lovely,yet flustered Indian nurse over to retrieve my clothes from my bed. When I got out they were pissing themselves at me. But joking aside, they were brilliant. So in the last month or so I've had the checks for prostate then bowels and fortunately all good. My heart goes out to you guys struggling but what I do recommend is getting checked out on both, especially if you're a certain age and or lifestyle, it could save your life.
Fantastic mate, the drink is vile, the pain awful (from the wind) the noise is top level and the relief almost instant

I couldn't find this thread yesterday for some reason. Anyway, had the dreaded colonoscopy on Monday at Macclesfield hospital and what a well run,clean and tidy hospital it is(or at least it was in my case) Started at 7pm on Sunday drinking the plenvu solution.. OMFG! The worst fucking thing you will ever EVER drink! Sea salt meets thick gloopy saccharine induced cheap cordial. Totally horrendous! Then again on Monday at 6am.. the 2nd dose(punch flavour) was even worse than the mango offering on Sunday. So whilst every bugger was out drinking watching the match, I was on the bog! Great timing hey. Missed all the goals :( But so be it. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, just the first few minutes when it's going around your U bend thing. Just had that horrible feeling I was gonna shit on the poor bastards at any time. So the procedure finished and the doc said everything was perfect which was nice. So off I went to the recovery room to have a brew.. but by this time I was having horrendous stomach cramps. I'd opted for no anesthetic,just gas n air. Then nurse left me to put my clothes on and this pain seemed to go into over drive.. I'm stood there doubled up with my knob out in fucking agony.. Next salute I felt I needed to go, but I had no pants on, but I thought fuck it, I need to go. So I pulled the screen across and streaked to the bog(which was conveniently about 10 metres away) bollock naked! It was the ladies bog but I didnt give a shit(pardon the pun)I got on the bog and did the biggest, longest and loudest fart ever! It was like when Vivian was pregnant on the young ones. I have never felt more relief in my life. I sat on the bog for about 10 minutes and it was like a scene from Blazing saddles. Eventually I finished and most of the trapped air had gone and my stomach ache had 80% disappeared. But I had a problem.. I was bolloko. I had to put my head round the door and beckon a lovely,yet flustered Indian nurse over to retrieve my clothes from my bed. When I got out they were pissing themselves at me. But joking aside, they were brilliant. So in the last month or so I've had the checks for prostate then bowels and fortunately all good. My heart goes out to you guys struggling but what I do recommend is getting checked out on both, especially if you're a certain age and or lifestyle, it could save your life.
Great story, had me chuckling so thanks for sharing. Glad you've got the all clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.