Prostate cancer

Just received my 6 month check for next Friday 18th Oct from Tameside Urology hoping that 13.1 psa is finally written off as a false reading
Good luck with that. I'm sure it will be the case based on what you've said previously.

I've got the first of 15 radiotherapy sessions tomorrow.

ive got an appointment with radiology tommorrow and one with a surgeon on 25th october about a radical prostatecomy.the consultant i first saw thinks having the prostate out would be the best for my case.but says i should speak with them both before i decide.
Same road as I went down, we met both teams on the same day and opted for prostate removal, having being told that if that the radiotherapy wasn’t successful then surgery wasn’t an option due to the radiation, we was quite surprised at this, .
In the end I’ve ended up having both procedures I’ll find out two weeks today if the radiotherapy was successful, just to give you some advice when talking to the radiology dept might be worth a conversation mate.
As always good luck in any path you chose to take as I said I’ve had to have both sets of treatments , if you want any advice or experience I’ve had don’t hesitate to contact me.
Good luck and all the very best .

My brother passed away last week . Initially diagnosed with colon cancer and after an op last November was given the all clear . He had no follow up appts despite trying to get some as his recovery seemed to be awfully slow and lack of mobility . Turned out they missed some of the cancer which then spread to his liver and bones, meaning he was straight into palliative care from June . My message is good luck fighting your illness blues , it doesn’t necessarily mean the end of your life , but listen to your body and if it doesn’t feel right either pre or post diagnosis , raise up complaints to ensure you are listened to and have the correct diagnosis/ treatment going forward .
Sorry for your loss mate

ive seen the surgeon today and its been decided im having robotic prostatectomy probably in december or january.he says my prognosis is very good but as with all surgery there are risks.if im honest im not looking forward to the catheter but im just going to have to suck it up.i know the nhs gets slated but they have been great since my psa came back raised.the urology nurses ringing regularly checking on me and my appointments.been very impressed.but as snake said in the first post get checked if your over 50

An emergency Ileostomy on New Year’s Eve for colon perforation and stage four tumours in the large colon. it didn’t spread to the 46 lymph nodes. So blood tests every three months came back normal so far.
For other health reasons I opted for monitoring instead of chemo just observation. Once the tumours were removed it’s classed as stage 2 cancer.
At the moment I’m waiting for a 2nd opinion at Salford Royal on a ileostomy reversal my consultant doesn’t advise me to have it reversed. Waiting is the hard part never dreamed I’d dice with life twice, almost died but by a miracle I’m still here only posting because other blues may be going through the same thing.

An emergency Ileostomy on New Year’s Eve for colon perforation and stage four tumours in the large colon. it didn’t spread to the 46 lymph nodes. So blood tests every three months came back normal so far.
For other health reasons I opted for monitoring instead of chemo just observation. Once the tumours were removed it’s classed as stage 2 cancer.
At the moment I’m waiting for a 2nd opinion at Salford Royal on a ileostomy reversal my consultant doesn’t advise me to have it reversed. Waiting is the hard part never dreamed I’d dice with life twice, almost died but by a miracle I’m still here only posting because other blues may be going through the same thing.
good luck fella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.