PSG Away Ticket details - Update now 2,200 tickets available

The thing that led me to to the whole SC/FB/BM business of tickets qualification, allocation AND onward disposal were the comments of the a club official at the SC who was responding to the complaints made by fans about away fans in both the COC and CL matches who get into home sections. There are various reasons for this but one thing he did say was that the Borussia officials were astounded to see the allocation we gave them and said they could have taken up 10000. I get the impression the club do not lobby hard enough for seats at times. Villa in the cup for one whern there were loads of empty seats just to the left of us. The initial allocation for Paris was paltry.

'fair bit of populist rhetoric' - a lovely euphemism
They'd rather have a small allocation with unhappy Blues locked out then a large allocation with unwanted tickets left they have to pay for regardless

Yes there is a fair bit of populist rhetoric that could turn Blues against each other!

The real issue for the PSG away game is why have we not secured our full allocation of tickets - if demand is so great. Maybe the Club have not lobbied too hard because they know that is the size of the following we to took to Juventus and Rome.
We got 2,200 in the end didn't we? That's as close to 5% as makes no difference if you include any segregation gaps.

Entitled as in they have the required points. I really don't see, whatever the faults of the loyalty points system, that anyone could argue with that.

You talk about the "party line" or the views of the Powers That Be. I can assure you that other than upholding the rules of the forum (and we even disagree on that in some cases) there is no party line or PTB view on this or any other subject. Squirtyflower and me are just posters who don't like the system. Others on the moderating team choose to keep their opinions on the subject to themselves, should they even have one on the subject.

And let's re-iterate that I don't believe anyone has a problem with supporters clubs per se just the notion that they should be part of a ticketing system that allows tickets to go to people who aren't entitled to them by the fact they have the points. If we're going to do that then let's just have a ballot system like most other big club do.
ryry.

Do you not have a problem with the bought double points? It is amusing for me to read the comments about we are working class - you must be a rich Tory and then the same people do the Animal Farm/Loadsamoney thing boasting about being at the top of the tree and hard luck to anyone else. The corporates get their benefits for various reasons, but I cannot see any good reason for the Platinum card other than to jump other City fans to the top of the queue.

I remember the night of the Eastbourne tickets where the PTB were out in force with a common line and were even using abusive language which I am sure even Cyril in his advanced might take a pop at someone who called him that.

I need some convincing that there is no agenda against the SC. The fact that so few Blues from SCs even bother to put their views on here tells its own story.

As you say a ballot might be the only fair way but we knowhow picking name out of a UEFA hat is not entirely fair.

No system is perfect but what systems do the other 'big clubs have'?

ryry.

Do you not have a problem with the bought double points? It is amusing for me to read the comments about we are working class - you must be a rich Tory and then the same people do the Animal Farm/Loadsamoney thing boasting about being at the top of the tree and hard luck to anyone else. The corporates get their benefits for various reasons, but I cannot see any good reason for the Platinum card other than to jump other City fans to the top of the queue.

I remember the night of the Eastbourne tickets where the PTB were out in force with a common line and were even using abusive language which I am sure even Cyril in his advanced might take a pop at someone who called him that.

I need some convincing that there is no agenda against the SC. The fact that so few Blues from SCs even bother to put their views on here tells its own story.

As you say a ballot might be the only fair way but we knowhow picking name out of a UEFA hat is not entirely fair.

I can - being near the top of the tree before Platinum was introduced and wanting to stay there.

Ah those heady days when I was up there but I did not like to be forced into doing that.

It seems like all fans are equal but some are more equal than others.

ryry.

I completely agree about the 'buying of loyalty points'. It was something at the time which hardly got a mention amongst the fanbase but was a pretty cynical act. Particularly that those fans on Value Cards were not able to go Platinum and therefore were always going to fall behind others as a consequence of paying less for there season ticket rather than actually attending less matches.

The club also started messing with the loyalty points which like Platinum completely devalued the system. I remember returning from Kiev in the Europa Cup and receiving 20 points for attending but then receiving 50 points for a cut price cup ticket for Reading in the fifth round.

I do think Moenchengladbach there is an abuse of the system, in relation to SCs getting tickets. Whether this is widespread or not you probably know better than me.

Whether a ballot would work I do not know. There is arguments both ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.