PSG Away Ticket details - Update now 2,200 tickets available

You made your choice, I made mine, there's no right or wrong choice.

What is wrong is some season tickets holders never had a choice. So even if they wished to double there points they could not. Admittedly this only affected a small number.

However the whole principle that you can gain extra loyalty points by paying extra is just wrong. Unless paying the extra money proves you are more loyal??

Do you not have a problem with the bought double points?
I completely agree with you and have said so on here. It's terribly divisive. I used to be on Platinum as my son and I did at least half the away games so felt it was worth it. But as prices went up I dropped it, as I dropped buying a programme.

The debate about the SC's is not for this thread but there is often robust discussion with both sides having a say. As I've said, which you seem to be ignoring, it's not about SC's as such but about their role in the distribution of tickets.

And I'll also repeat that there is no "party line" on here on specific topics. The moderating team are individual posters all with our own opinions. If you could see the Mod Forum, you'd soon realise that. Continuing to allude to this is doing you no favours.

ryry.

Do you not have a problem with the bought double points? It is amusing for me to read the comments about we are working class - you must be a rich Tory and then the same people do the Animal Farm/Loadsamoney thing boasting about being at the top of the tree and hard luck to anyone else. The corporates get their benefits for various reasons, but I cannot see any good reason for the Platinum card other than to jump other City fans to the top of the queue.

I remember the night of the Eastbourne tickets where the PTB were out in force with a common line and were even using abusive language which I am sure even Cyril in his advanced might take a pop at someone who called him that.

I need some convincing that there is no agenda against the SC. The fact that so few Blues from SCs even bother to put their views on here tells its own story.

As you say a ballot might be the only fair way but we knowhow picking name out of a UEFA hat is not entirely fair.

No system is perfect but what systems do the other 'big clubs have'?

For their game in Dortmund (£29), Liverpool have been given 3400 tickets.

The following games have been listed as a benchmark, and the first priority are those Season Ticket holders, Members, and Non Members, who attended

Manchester United (17.03.16), FC Augsburg (18.02.16), FC Sion (10.12.15), Rubin Kazan (05.11.15), Bordeaux (17.09.15), Besiktas (26.02.15), Ludogorets (26.11.14), Real Madrid (04.11.14) and Basel (01.10.14).

The next priority are those supporters who attended at least 3 of these fixtures.

Not sure if this is better or worse than ours to be honest.

We got 2,200 in the end didn't we? That's as close to 5% as makes no difference if you include any segregation gaps.

We may well have. I only saw the notice if the initial allocation of 1,400 and odd that might get increased to around 2k. The latter figure would consist of about 5 percent of PSG's stadium!

For their game in Dortmund (£29), Liverpool have been given 3400 tickets.

The following games have been listed as a benchmark, and the first priority are those Season Ticket holders, Members, and Non Members, who attended

Manchester United (17.03.16), FC Augsburg (18.02.16), FC Sion (10.12.15), Rubin Kazan (05.11.15), Bordeaux (17.09.15), Besiktas (26.02.15), Ludogorets (26.11.14), Real Madrid (04.11.14) and Basel (01.10.14).

The next priority are those supporters who attended at least 3 of these fixtures.

Not sure if this is better or worse than ours to be honest.

To be honest you can find fault in pretty much any system. I am sure there are some Liverpool fans who have attended/paid for nearly every league game home and away but have missed certain European matches to working on a weds or thurs. Would someone who attended three or all of them be considered more loyal??? I think whichever system was introduced there would be people with justifiable grievances.

The thing is with our system the issue seems to be not with the club but the actions of individual fans who abuse the system selling on Facebook or, if true, the supporters club distributing to those undeserving.

It is not just the system that was devalued, fans such as I felt devalued. Money was used to determine loyalty. You made me wonder how much money the club actually made by creating a higher class of fan who can get tickets more easily than others and every time he does get a ticket the gap increases.

I can only speak of the SC branches I know about and my own allocates tickets on a sort of loyalty system itself. I am not 100% happy abut that but there is no way anyone can buy their way to the top. As for abuse within the SC branches themselves I do not know what goes on. As far as I am aware there is nothing in SC rules about the allocation of tickets within the branch and the EC leaves that to the branch itself. I must say that a branch should be more that just a ticket agency and I am not at all happy when PB suggests that a branch does just that. I think I know the branch and will follow that with interest.

I agree completely on ballots.

It is not just the system that was devalued, fans such as I felt devalued. Money was used to determine loyalty. You made me wonder how much money the club actually made by creating a higher class of fan who can get tickets more easily than others and every time he does get a ticket the gap increases.

I can only speak of the SC branches I know about and my own allocates tickets on a sort of loyalty system itself. I am not 100% happy abut that but there is no way anyone can buy their way to the top. As for abuse within the SC branches themselves I do not know what goes on. As far as I am aware there is nothing in SC rules about the allocation of tickets within the branch and the EC leaves that to the branch itself. I must say that a branch should be more that just a ticket agency and I am not at all happy when PB suggests that a branch does just that. I think I know the branch and will follow that with interest.

I agree completely on ballots.
I'm not suggesting that the branch I'm alluding to (P&W) has done anything wrong by the way. I'm not a member currently. But I do know of another where they got 2 tickets to an upcoming game and one went to someone on the branch executive who had 4,000 points and the other to his wife, who doesn't even like football.

There are other branches where they use members who have high points to apply for tickets then tell those members to apply on their own account (I think even the OSC recommends that they do this). The tickets are received by the branch who then allocate the tickets to people other than the people whose points they used in the first place and the "loyalty" points are then allocated to the people receiving the tickets who have supporter numbers but not enough points. Or maybe they allocate the tickets and say nothing about the points.

There are even stories on here of people who are members of branches and have applied directly to the club for tickets to be told that their number has already been used by their branch.

I'm sure there are branches that are honest and above board but it's stupid not to recognise there are those that aren't. And the club must surely know this goes on and yet continues to propagate a system it knows is rotten and even penalises the people who pay Platinum and who may be deprived tickets they should rightly get because of this chicanery.

"PSG Away Ticket details - Update now 2,200 tickets available"

Not as pedantic as it might seem but the thread title doesn't give an accurate reflection. Although 2,200 have been made available to the club as a whole, how many are actually available for open sale to supporters with qualifying points once the corporates, supporters clubs, family and friends and other freeloaders have skimmed off their share?

This is the true measure of the likelyhood of getting a ticket. As I have previously mentioned, it's about time the club started disclosing the NET figure available, the GROSS figure received is of no relevance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.