PSG Away Ticket details - Update now 2,200 tickets available

This arguement about away ticket distribution has been done to death time & time again on here.

It's blatantly obvious that there are tickets for the more popular away games going to supporters that do not have the required amount of points whether that'd be via them supporters having enough money to get them through having a more expensive season card (joes), knowing someone who has high points who lets them use their card or being a member of a supporters club that puts filling their coach or plane before anything else.

Which of the above has the biggest impact on the unfair distribution of the tickets for these popular away games is anybody's guess however all of the above examples of areas where the ticket allocation is being manipulated and can be policed or even eradicated by the club. In the case of joes that's unlikely to happen as the club charge a premium for those season tickets and money tends to come above loyalty unfortunately.

The supporters clubs that I've been involved in were decent with a hardcore set of supporters that went to plenty of away games without the need of the supporters clubs official allocation of tickets from the club. However, as the club has got bigger there are more people wanting tickets and I have witnessed fans joining the supporters club for one reason and one reason only and that's to obtain a ticket to say Ajax away, Barcelona away, Utd away etc because the club uses all members season cards who qualify for a ticket regardless of whether the season card holder is going or not. That can enable a supporters club to obtain x amount of tickets depending on how many of their members have the required amount of points, add them to their official allocation from the club and that number can be quite high for distribution for the members of the club that want to travel with them on their coach or plane that they've organised. That's organised manipulation of the loyalty system and independent travellers or "billy no mates" supporters like myself and my missus are affected by such manipulation and are quite rightly pissed off about it.

Those that go to matches and have earnt their points fully deserve 1st dibs on away games and the loyalty point system if not manipulated ensures that is the case. But it needs policing in the interest of fairness.

personally I'm glad that the tickets for the last 2 European away games have had to have been collected by the supporter who actually purchased the tickets. It's a step that can help make the distribution of the tickets fairer.

I've witnessed a non season ticket holder who's probably been to about 3 games since we left Maine road go to Ajax away, Villarreal away, Barcelona away and all the Wembley appearances we've made just because he joined an SC. that won't happen if said supporter has to go with their passport to collect the tickets will it?

United have started doing it for top Premier league games, they did it for Liverpool, it may become a regular feature for us also.

This arguement about away ticket distribution has been done to death time & time again on here.

I've witnessed a non season ticket holder who's probably been to about 3 games since we left Maine road go to Ajax away, Villarreal away, Barcelona away and all the Wembley appearances we've made just because he joined an SC. that won't happen if said supporter has to go with their passport to collect the tickets will it?

I think your wrong on this one....support clubs get allocated tickets regardless of what points there members have. As long as they are a member of the s/c and the s/c lets city know which members are allocated the tickets - said person will still be able to go.

I blow hot and cold on this topic. There are about 10 of us who go regularly. 5-6 qualify for any ticket, the rest we source from friend and family. Some of our 10 as a consequence will never qualify for tiks in there own right for big games - as they loose out on points from getting tickets from other sources. im usually claiming s/c are unfair when one of our lot misses out, then im usually claiming there great when we source a ticket from one! No system is perfect.

United have started doing it for top Premier league games, they did it for Liverpool, it may become a regular feature for us also.

It'll no doubt be decisive amongst fans but I'm in the "hope so" camp on it. I've absolutely no issue with the club checking that I'm using the ticket for the game I've purchased.

Supporters can climb the ladder as long as the club are policing it and ensuring its not being manipulated.

So did they have to collect their tickets in Liverpool? Fucking hell, I bet that was fun for them. What will we have to do for the derby at theirs? Run the gauntlet of wannabe Rag hooligans and collect our tickets from a portakabin outside the Stretford End?!!

I think your wrong on this one....support clubs get allocated tickets regardless of what points there members have. As long as they are a member of the s/c and the s/c lets city know which members are allocated the tickets - said person will still be able to go.

I blow hot and cold on this topic. There are about 10 of us who go regularly. 5-6 qualify for any ticket, the rest we source from friend and family. Some of our 10 as a consequence will never qualify for tiks in there own right for big games - as they loose out on points from getting tickets from other sources. im usually claiming s/c are unfair when one of our lot misses out, then im usually claiming there great when we source a ticket from one! No system is perfect.

I didn't know that was the case. it seems to me that now more than ever that particular area of distribution of away tickets is dated, unfair and unnecessary.

All this shite talk about who is getting tickets and where they are getting them from, and who should and shouldn't have tickets makes me think that it's not the usual case of where's safe around the city for a drink pre match, the city fans will probably start fighting with each other over who has wristbands and how come you got one!

It'll no doubt be decisive amongst fans but I'm in the "hope so" camp on it. I've absolutely no issue with the club checking that I'm using the ticket for the game I've purchased.

Supporters can climb the ladder as long as the club are policing it and ensuring its not being manipulated.

Surely it’s a lot simpler than that, as most away games don’t sell out immediately, and go down to around 5000 points, or even lower.
It’s only the United and Bournemouth games that have caused problems, so why don’t the club insist that for these two games, supporters have to apply individually, rather than through the Supporters Club?

It won’t solve the issue completely, but it would stop the bickering.

This is exactly where i sit with the whole situation and i knew it would come one day.

I fully understand and quite rightly so that those who have put their hard earned cash and mileage into following City deserve the tickets, i take my hat off to them.

The thing i find sad and this comes with success is it looks like i'm no longer going to be able to take my son to away games, the same as my dad used to take me back in the day, i think that's a shame but fully understand why.

I didn't know that was the case. it seems to me that now more than ever that particular area of distribution of away tickets is dated, unfair and unnecessary.
It does seem outdated now, a couple of lads I know went to get their tickets for a match only to be told that their supporters club had already claimed their tickets, they had only travelled with them a couple of times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.