PSG post match thread

Just watching the full game back now. What we need to improve on for the rest of this comp is getting closer to each other when we counter attack. We've broken the game up well at times but attacked with our players too far away from each other so we end up giving the ball away cheaply. We only passed the ball 74 times in the first 35 minutes. When have you ever seen that kind of stat from us? Of course we can allow teams to have more possession but if we'd just looked after the ball better when we did have it last night the very good 2-2 score line could have been even better, or, if we get one of the top sides in the next round (if we go through), we will give ourselves a better chance of doing something against them.

Got to look after that ball and when we do relinquish possession, not give it away where they can just open us up. That happened too often last night, and in general (see Leicester and Spurs home games).

We have centre halves (Kompany included)(maybe a manager request) who rush out to attack the ball player so we need better cover from full backs or defensive mids when those players do rush out. Because I can't see Pellegrini stopping our centre halves rushing out.

Other than that we did a lot of other things well. They looked on top for long stretches which we kind of allowed but also put ourselves under that by giving it away so cheaply but they really fatigued a lot in the last ten minutes and they won't have the legs of Matuidi (his yellow card was well harsh by the way, so was Clichy's, ref's shouldn't be giving yellows for those, they're just fouls!) at the Etihad and if their best midfielder, Veratti, is still out we've got a huge chance of going through.

Getting two away goals is massive! One would have been good but getting two changes everything.

It will be interesting to see what their tactics are. Do they counter attack or go for it? What do we do? Counter attack or play out usual home game? We need to be smart! We've lost an unbelievable amount of home games under Pellegrini considering how good we are, so it's going to be very iteresting to see what he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't give a shit how the media report it, I thought the lads did well against a team that fairly comfortably beat chelsea. Both teams are clearly better going forward than defending, and it's set up nicely for Tuesday. For sure, they won't be coming to defend!
C'mon City!!!

Great result but the tie is far from over! I expect a very similar game next week which means it could go both ways.

By then, KDB should be a bit closer to his best already, and PSG have a few players suspended, so City just about favorites for me.

I have read a couple of comments about something Pellers did on 41mins - what did he do?

one more thing - the defending especially by otamendi was quite disgraceful ... he just looks a bit clueless on the pitch imho. new top class center back as replacement for him and long term for vinny is crucial going into next season. i'd go for tottenham's alderweireld 100% reliable and a great baller.
other than that a top class replacement for nando (pogba, nainggolan, kante) & a top notch right winger for navas (although admittedly i didn't think he was too bad last night) but I can't think of any suitable names yet

Great result but the tie is far from over! I expect a very similar game next week which means it could go both ways.

By then, KDB should be a bit closer to his best already, and PSG have a few players suspended, so City just about favorites for me.
A fit Kompany is huge for us if he maintains his form just before the injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.