PSG post match thread

Very good for large spells last night and very naive at times! We need vinny to replace otamendi for the 2nd leg and yaya in the middle to keep the ball better! To all those saying we need a new left back get real clichy has been diffrent gravy last 5 or 6 games and there is not much better out there when he plays to that level. Man of match for me closely followed by Fernando yes Fernando!

Very sorry but I really can't agree with disciplined, well-organized defending. It was shambolic at both ends. Otamendi was disastrous, he runs around like a headless chicken. If it wasn't for the inexplicable one-on-one miss by Ibrahimovic in the first half, it would've been severely punished.

Mangala did very well on a personal level and with some good tactical & positional guidance (Vinny!) I'm sure he could become a great CB. For Otamendi I have no hope.

Let's face it, if PSG would've been their normal efficient selves, City would've been 2-0 down halfway the first half perhaps even with ten man. I think a lot of referees would've given that first penalty shout and a red card on top of it. There's arguments in favor and against, but PSG had a very strong case there in my view (a lot stronger than the actual penalty they got).

Clichy was not good either. Stupidest of yellow cards by the sideline, totally uncalled for. Also lost posession without being under threat a fair number of times. I thought Sagna did a lot better at the other end, but just like Clichy played way too far from the PSG winger. Every time their wing backes moved forward in the second half there was no City player even close to them, they could freely control the ball, run forward a bit more, pick out their best foot and swing in a lovely cross for Ibra, Cavani and the others.

So organizationally, positionally, tactically, City defense was all over the place. Strong guidance required.

Apart from that City fought hard, looked good going forward and deserved the result. But it could've been a totally different story with Ibra in his normal form.

Sorry to disagree guys.

I said borderline awful. Not quite awful, but worse than bad. Kept them fairly quiet and had chances is a political spin on a game where we could have been 2 down after 15 minutes had Ibrahimovic had have been awake - possibly could have even been a man down if the ref saw the Mangala - Matuidi challenge differently. On top of that, we spent large portions of the game hanging on only for them to run out of steam around the 75th minute. We finished quite well, but i still think our quality was very poor all night.

Clichy, Silva, Aguero, Navas, Otamendi were awful. Sagna gave a penalty away, Mangala probably could have been sent off, Fernando made one of the worst kind of errors you will see. Fernandinho and Hart were both poor for their second. Quality wise, we were terrible, nowhere near as good as we can be.

That's what I like to see on Bluemoon: a really positive post.

For fuck's sake, just enjoy the result, look forward to the second leg and get behind the team, instead of moaning about/at it!

Given ourselves a great chance! Couldn't ask for any better. Wolfsburg in the semis anyone??!

There's not a cat in hell's chance that will happen.

If the four teams with the advantage all progress, it's as sure as eggs are eggs Bayern and Barça will be kept apart.

I wouldn't be overly excited to get Wolfsburg in the semis actually, they truly are a good side. Their quick counter attacks will definitely hurt City defense alot. Impossible to keep a clean sheet, and scoring against them unfortunately turns out not to be so easy either ... solid team.

Then again, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich ... aren't that simple either :D

Not to be negative, but I really think semis is the maximum for City atm. Could change as of next year under Pep if he sorts out the organization and brings in some extra worldclass quality players.

Seems to me that a fair few seem to think that if we are not at our free following best then we are awful. Tonight was a generally ok performance bar a couple of individual mistakes. An individual mistake here or there does not add up to a terrible team display. We were not at our best but we were good and the game could have gone either way. Onwards and upwards.

Well said, Herman.

Perhaps we weren't at our best because we were playing one of the best teams in Europe.

Just a thought, like.

To all those saying we need a new left back get real clichy has been diffrent gravy last 5 or 6 games and there is not much better out there when he plays to that level. Man of match for me...

Really? I think he's dross and had a very mixed game, giving the ball away in dangerous areas several times in the 2nd half, that put us in all sorts of trouble. He can defend a bit better than Kolarov, but that's not saying much and going forward, he's woeful. He'd be very near if not at the the top of my list to be shown the door come the summer.

Perhaps we weren't at our best because we were playing one of the best teams in Europe.

I don't think City were awful, just the defensive organization (or lack thereof). Midfield pretty good, I can even forgive Nando's poor mistake. Fernandinho really good. Attack mediocre, Sergio was pretty absent all night, Silva wasn't at his sharpest either, KdB when on the ball always a threat but still far from fully fit imv, Navas better than usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.