PSG preparing 20mil bid for Yaya???

aguero93:20 said:
leech said:
Transfer News ‏@FootieWriter 23m23 minutes ago (moderately reliable iirc)

Inter Milan and PSG have both set aside huge budgets for the summer to sign Yaya Toure from #MCFC

I like the sound of PSG - Huge Budget.

We should ask for absolute top dollar.

I'd love to think there would be a bidding war over a player we're selling for a change, but you just know Inters idea of a huge budget is a year loan with an option to buy for a bag of M&M's.

adrianr said:
aguero93:20 said:
leech said:
Transfer News ‏@FootieWriter 23m23 minutes ago (moderately reliable iirc)

Inter Milan and PSG have both set aside huge budgets for the summer to sign Yaya Toure from #MCFC

I like the sound of PSG - Huge Budget.

We should ask for absolute top dollar.

I'd love to think there would be a bidding war over a player we're selling for a change, but you just know Inters idea of a huge budget is a year loan with an option to buy for a bag of M&M's.
Half a bag of M&Ms with a possible other half after the next season.

There seems to be a poor understanding of Yaya's talent amongst our fans. Yes, it will be close to impossible replacing Yaya's historic performances for City, but let's not confuse that with replacing what Yaya provides us now. We can comfortably replace what Yaya presently brings to City - ball control, decision making and possession football- that part of Yaya can be replaced with good scouting. Any of Koke, Tielemans, Maher, Imbula, Verratti, can do that and do it well in time. And that list focuses on players under 23. We are not even Considering the likes of Modric, Nasri, Pjanic and a host of other established players who could comfortably do that job.

What we can't replace is the fear of and general bull rushing force that WAS Yaya. But lest anyone isn't watching, keeping Yaya wouldn't give us that. Age has taken that away from him. That said based on what we have now, I'd say we can replace Yaya comforably with good decisions and scouting. So 20 million is a good deal.

I'd go with Pogba and Tielemans if it were my decision. And, yes I will sell for 20 million.

Dax777 said:
There seems to be a poor understanding of Yaya's talent amongst our fans. Yes, it will be close to impossible replacing Yaya's historic performances for City, but let's not confuse that with replacing what Yaya provides us now. We can comfortably replace what Yaya presently brings to City - ball control, decision making and possession football- that part of Yaya can be replaced with good scouting. Any of Koke, Tielemans, Maher, Imbula, Verratti, can do that and do it well in time. And that list focuses on players under 23. We are not even Considering the likes of Modric, Nasri, Pjanic and a host of other established players who could comfortably do that job.

What we can't replace is the fear of and general bull rushing force that WAS Yaya. But lest anyone isn't watching, keeping Yaya wouldn't give us that. Age has taken that away from him. That said based on what we have now, I'd say we can replace Yaya comforably with good decisions and scouting. So 20 million is a good deal.

I'd go with Pogba and Tielemans if it were my decision. And, yes I will sell for 20 million.

spot on. Actually the first part is why i don't consider pogba to be the ideal replacement but combine it with the second one and no one comes close to him

we have seem those runs fleetingly - its jst that he ehasnt scored off his runs

also, his long range shooting is still and asset and so is hos ability to be not bullied off the ball

bluechampion7891 said:
Dax777 said:

spot on. Actually the first part is why i don't consider pogba to be the ideal replacement but combine it with the second one and no one comes close to him

we have seem those runs fleetingly - its jst that he ehasnt scored off his runs

also, his long range shooting is still and asset and so is hos ability to be not bullied off the ball
That's why I picked 2 player Pogba for the force, mazy as opposed to bullish runs, and he may just pack a better shot than Yaya and better foot skills. Tielemans is the ball possession midfielder to replace the deep retention ability. Get both of them, and we might be even better than Yaya at his very best.

In essence, it's down to thinking about this creatively. Yet we'd have fernandihno to add some experience and box to box work like defensive fury to our midfield.

why are some people in a hurry to sell citys greatest ever player,

ped said:
why are some people in a hurry to sell citys greatest ever player,

I agree, plus he is likely going to leave for a fee of around £10m-£20m and his ideal replacement in Pogba is valued at around £70m, is Pogba worth 6 or 7 times what Yaya is?

I suppose we could get 10 years out of Pogba.

I think alot comes down to what Yaya wants to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.