PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

They need your money, your support obviously comes second to them.

Well if you think £50 is expensive you haven't been to many always in the last few years at home or abroad

But it is simple if you can't afford it don't buy the ticket. As for the walkout why don't we just turn into the new breed of scouser. Soon we will have a flag for every world disaster.

Could not agree more, but some people will still feel that they are betraying the club by trying to embarrass them in front of the cameras. My advice would be to suck it up and do it anyway, as its in the long term interest of Manchester City, and like you say we've been driven to it by the "faceless bean counters" (great phrase).

I might have to bookmark the rest of your post, it's very well put.

I know what you were getting at mate, and I can see where you're coming from, my point was that anyone who thinks like that would be fundamentally mistaken.

They'd be the ones doing right by the club, its future. Backed into a corner where we've been left little option by the likes of Soriano.

If we protest successfully we can be proud of ourselves that we've done right by the club and our support, we've stood together and done the right thing.

The only people that will have brought any potential embarrassment on the club will be the likes of Soriano and Glick, the very people who are responsible for the games in which we have several thousand empty seats - due to their pursuit of a couple decimal points on the books ahead of a rocking full house.

We're among the most loyal supporters in the football league, we've proven that in League One. We're just not fucking made of money.

I recall a study done in 2009 which showed our match going fanbase averaged the lowest income per head of any then Premier League club's fanbase besides Burnley. This isn't reflected in our ticket prices and our season ticket prices (with the exclusion of a small minority), and their continued increase across the board every year.

Armchair fans of rival clubs looking for something to bash us on forget this loyalty all too often, or don't have a clue about it. All they see is myths about how cheap we are (cited the small minority of examples of value for money I mentioned previously, completely against the wider trend in the opposite direction) and the games we don't sell out. They don't know that many of our season tickets have more or less doubled in many cases since 2008 (take my old man's in 106, circa [can't remember the exact figure] £400 in 2008, £800 with the platinum con fee he needs as an away supporter in 2015), that we've seen average increases in season tickets of circa 10% every year, and that our league match day ticket prices are now amongst the most expensive in the country. And all in the context of us being a predominately working class fanbase, one that isn't as broad and largely dispersed as the rest of the other top sides in the country, who gained a large following across the country as a result of their success in the PL era.

When our core support suffer, so do our attendances.

I firmly believe that if we hadn't seen the match ticket and season ticket prices increase the way they have over the past 5 or 6 years in particular, that we could've extended the ground to 60k this year and routinely sold it out.

But, like we said, faceless bean counters like Soriano and Glick have put bleeding the support for every last quid ahead of that.

I really believe that they've utilised some clever marketing and token gestures to lend to a narrative about value for money in their favour, glossing over the much wider trend in the opposite direction. They've controlled the narrative about where we are in the press, a protest would actually show that not all is rosy, and they've fed everyone else bullshit just like they have with us #together.

There's absolutely no excuse for there not to be some kind of relief this summer, particularly given the enormous new TV deal which ensures match day revenue will become an even smaller proportion of a club's turnover than it already is. And with the recent precedents the club have been setting, it doesn't look like we're going to get that relief, in fact, everything points to quite the contrary happening. And that would be completely and utterly outrageous, frankly.

The only way we have a hope of changing the route we're on is a protest. That's where we're at, and everyone needs to realise it.

Fundamentally though, back to the original point, anyone who took part in a protest would be doing right by the club, and its future. Make no mistake. Soriano and co have shown they don't look after our interests, they've shunned that responsibility, so it's on us now to redress that sabotage we've touched on previously.

And I firmly believe we will. The momentum is building and the appetite is there, I don't think anyone is now willing to sit idly by as we continue being dragged down this road.

Well if you think £50 is expensive you haven't been to many always in the last few years at home or abroad

But it is simple if you can't afford it don't buy the ticket. As for the walkout why don't we just turn into the new breed of scouser. Soon we will have a flag for every world disaster.

You don't get it. You've merely become a customer in the eyes of the powers that be. You may be able to afford it but it's just the tip of the iceberg. The fact that it represents a significant sum to the hardcore, loyal fan base is enough reason not to have such prices especially considering how insignificant it is in the revenue we make. This, added with the fact that we want a European Super League to prise out different clubs from additional income and our opposition to the capping of away ticket prices highlights a distinct shift from a family club to corporate greed. I, and many other Blues, may differ with the Scousers on many things but our reaction to the growing alienation of the loyal fan base and the shift from 'fan to customer' isn't one of them.

You don't get it. You've merely become a customer in the eyes of the powers that be. You may be able to afford it but it's merely the tip of the iceberg. The fact that it represents a significant sum to the hardcore, loyal fan base is enough reason not to have such prices especially considering how insignificant it is in the revenue we make. This, added with the fact that we want a European Super League to prise out different clubs from additional income and our opposition to the capping of away ticket prices highlights a distinct shift from a family club to corporate greed. I, and many other Blues, may differ with the Scousers on many things but our reaction to the growing alienation of the loyal fan base and the shift from 'fan to customer' isn't one of them.

Good post whether I agree with it or not.

However one vital point is you accuse the club of voting against capping of away prices which was never proved and was assumptions by some on here led by media lies. There is a thread on it which is worth a read the longer it goes on the more people realise they have been sucked into the media lie that we were one of the 7 clubs.

Nevertheless why walk out at 60 mins ruining other fans pleasure of watching the game. Easy way to protest don't buy the ticket.

However one vital point is you accuse the club of voting against capping of away prices which was never proved and was assumptions by some on here led by media lies. There is a thread on it which is worth a read the longer it goes on the more people realise they have been sucked into the media lie that we were one of the 7 clubs.

Nevertheless why walk out at 60 mins ruining other fans pleasure of watching the game. Easy way to protest don't buy the ticket.

I wasn't aware of that but I'll keep my eyes out for that

I'm not saying walking out is the best way to protest. What I am saying that some sort of protest should take place and send a message to the powers that be. A walk out does offer the stronger visual dissatisfaction with the whole situation.

I wasn't aware of that but I'll keep my eyes out for that

I'm not saying walking out is the best way to protest. What I am saying that some sort of protest should take place and send a message to the powers that be. A walk out does offer the stronger visual dissatisfaction with the whole situation.

But is a walk out at West Brom going to make a difference. What would make a difference is the world seeing masses of empty seats on a big QF night in Europe that would embarrass the club more.

Which goes back to my original point in if people don't like it don't buy the ticket.

You don't know if it was a lie about the club being opposed to the £30 away cap or not, you're presuming it was a lie.

As far as I recall, as it became clearer, there wasn't a vote on whether or not a cap should be imposed, but a canvassing of opinions of all Premier League clubs from the PL big wigs. In which meetings, we apparently made it clear we were opposed to it, along with several other clubs.

You're presuming it's a lie in the same way others are presuming it's true.

There is evidence it was true given the club's that were in support of it were beginning to discuss mutual agreements of caps for away fans at their respective grounds, once those league wide cap discussions hit the buffers due to other PL clubs opposition.

We were not one of those clubs discussing mutual agreements.

Then the protests at Anfield happened, gained a national audience, and that tipped the scales with the £30 PL wide away cap following not long after.

So unless you have anything that points to it being untrue that we were opposed to the cap, then it's quite clear you're guilty of presuming also.

As an aside, re your final point, that's a pathetic argument for not protesting. Those who chose to protest would be doing so for the benefit of those who chose not to take part also. Anyone looking at this from such a perspective would be guilty of being extremely short sighted, and not looking at the bigger picture.

Last edited:
You don't know if it was a lie about the club being opposed to the £30 away cap or not, you're presuming it was a lie.

As far as I recall, as it became clearer, there wasn't a vote on whether or not a cap should be imposed, but a canvassing of opinions of all Premier League clubs from the PL big wigs. In which meetings, we apparently made it clear we were opposed to it, along with several other clubs.

You're presuming it's a lie in the same way others are presuming it's true.

There is evidence it was true given the club's that were in support of it were beginning to discuss mutual agreements of caps for away fans at their respective grounds, once those league wide cap discussions hit the buffers due to other PL clubs opposition.

We were not one of those clubs discussing mutual agreements.

Then the protests at Anfield happened, gained a national audience, and that tipped the scales with the £30 PL wide away cap following not long after.

So unless you have anything that points to it being untrue that we were opposed to the cap, then it's quite clear you're guilty of presuming also.

As an aside, re your final point, that's a pathetic argument for not protesting. Those who chose to protest would be doing so for the benefit of those who chose not to take part also. Anyone looking at this from such a perspective would be guilty of being extremely short sighted, and not looking at the bigger picture.
city have the seventh most expensive tickets at just over £35 on average and whilst i sympathize with your predicament i like wise have not had a pay rise in years we do not live in the poorest areas of the country. the protest gained national support as liverpool were increasing their tickets from £40 to £58 to pay for a nice shinny new stadium for their owners portfolio. liverpool will go ahead and they will follow the arsenal method of downsizing everything /youth staff players and wages.the fans will see not one penny of the tv deal.
as for city they will get ridiculed by the press . it will be fans cannot bear to watch rubbish.or city fans do not want champions league football. when it comes down to tv money the epl is already in a massive deal that did not stop villa making massive losses and city posting a tiny profit for the first time in years. stop blaming Soriano do not bother with your walkout go the whole hog bring your banner Sheikh Mansour out.
me i think 60 pounds is good price for the biggest game for decades against one of the top 3 teams in the world. with one of the best players on the planet who may never play at city again

Why don't we have a 'No Spend Sit In' rather than a walk out? This includes no going for any refreshments at HT or buying anything pre-match in either the Club Shop or Bars.

It's a Win Win!

Those who feel the need to protest can do. The stadium stays full and avoids thousands setting of to the bar 30 minutes in and the club suffer financially which is what hurts.

Just imagine the chaos if not one program was sold, or all the pies, chips and beer remained unsold.

This is all about profits not image. The stadium being half empty and the team having no support to cheer them on is detrimental to the team not profits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.