PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir suspended after 4th official accused of racism

Well said. Still seems unclear what exactly was said, and in what context, so probably best to wait for the facts to emerge before jumping to any conclusions. Presumably UEFA will be holding an investigation, although given their track record that doesn't necessarily fill me with any great confidence.
He said 'ala negru' - which literally means: 'the black one'. Negru is the romanian for black colour.

He said 'ala negru' - which literally means: 'the black one'. Negru is the romanian for black colour.

Both Jonh Barnes and Micah seem to think its not racist to describe a person by their colour! JB says they are asking people to call them “Black” Im a white guy so to be honest i just dont know what to think anymore.

I do know i go to China/Asia with work (or did) and im forever known as “Gweilo” aka Ghostly Man which is most likely a derogatory term for Westerners. I dont get upset by it, but guess some might!

Both Jonh Barnes and Micah seem to think its not racist to describe a person by their colour! JB says they are asking people to call them “Black” Im a white guy so to be honest i just dont know what to think anymore.

I do know i go to China/Asia with work (or did) and im forever known as “Gweilo” aka Ghostly Man which is most likely a derogatory term for Westerners. I dont get upset by it, but guess some might!
Some people on this very Forum get upset when people call us Man City !!

Kick it out are hypocrites,after the Bernardo shit,
They really did go to town on the lad.
They've spoken out about millwall fans
But still jackshit about cavani.
Lots of Tweet about speak out..
Was about to say this. Sky and media wheeling everyone out re PSG game, same as the witch hunt for Bernardo, but zero re Cavani, no one made comments ie kick it out over Cavani.

Was about to say this. Sky and media wheeling everyone out re PSG game, same as the witch hunt for Bernardo, but zero re Cavani, no one made comments ie kick it out over Cavani.
I was following this thread clicked on something here then clicked on another and seen the kick it out tweet.
So clicked on that,scrolled down to Oct
So even tho Cavani tweet is coming up to 2wks,theres fk all on it.
Yet millwall are..
And just so we all remember their disgust at Bernardo..

Kick It Out calls for FA action against Bernardo Silva over Mendy tweet​

Kick It Out said: “We are extremely disappointed to see the tweet posted by Bernardo Silva, which has since been deleted.
“Racist stereotypes are never acceptable as ‘banter’, and we’re shocked that someone who is a role model to millions has failed to understand the discriminatory nature of his post.

So yeah fking hypocrites..
Still haven't had a reply from them yet..

Looks like there's been a fairly big twist in this story

If true, it kind of implies calling Webo 'the black one' could have been racially motivated as opposed to solely descriptive.

But also it makes Webo come off even worse.

Rather grim all around.

If true, it kind of implies calling Webo 'the black one' could have been racially motivated as opposed to solely descriptive.

But also it makes Webo come off even worse.

Rather grim all around.
It is certainly a mess all-around; no one comes off particularly well if the new accounts are true.

I can only imagine a private full airing of grievances and mediated reconciliation (with any appropriate discipline on either side), followed by a public joint statement on said resolution, will put this to bed.

But knowing UEFA, they’ll just throw another stick of dynamite in to the blaze.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.