PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir suspended after 4th official accused of racism

It's not like Demba Ba isn't a well known footballer. If you're a match official, you should surely know who's playing at CL level. I think Demba has reason to be annoyed to be fair, just call him by name like.
It was one of the coaches having the row with the 4th official, Ba was just telling the referee what was said.

In all honesty I have used the term the black fella to ask about someone whose name I don't know and also the white guy.

For example we have 4 regular delivery drivers from a supplier 3 white, 1 black, I only know one drivers name so when asking or commenting on the last delivery I will say the tall black fella/lad or the small dark haired white guy I do use both black and white equally as a descriptive form for an unknown person, sometimes with another descriprion (tall, fat, with glasses etc.)

Seems Ba objection was that he used the term black guy, in a group of 3-4 black men, but as said not all facts are yet established.

Could easily be a misunderstanding or the 4th offiicial had said more, hence the refusal to return to the pitch, if a slight misunderstanding surely it could have been sorted out and the game resume.

In the end if Uefa keep to form they will sweep it under the carpet as always

Looking forward to knowing how much UEFA fine UEFA.
What they will do is sell some of their share holdings when the markets are high and pay the fine they have imposed on themselves with the funds received. Then when the markets retreat they will buy back the previous share holdings at a reduced price and end up with more shares than they started with. That is the way you punish yourself.

That is the UEFA way.

I'm not sure if you are purposely missing the point. If it was a member of the white staff, would he have said 'that white guy'?. No. He wouldn't. And it's not like it was one black man amongst only white people. There were at least 3 black men there, so surely he could've pointed out the guy in a way that didn't involve using the colour of his skin?

Yes he could.

But the fact he did does not make that act, or him, "racist" per se.

Pointing out a fact does not make a person racist.

And that is the fact that you, perhaps purposely, are missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.