Punk and New Wave thread.

Sid's mother killed herself too. Ended up in Derbyshire after sticking a pin in a map.
I think it's her sister's son who makes all the cash as Sid had no siblings.
Finished reading Steve Jones's book the other week, this is what he said
"When the court case was won the money was spilt into quarters with the last quarter split between Glen and Sid's estate. Sid's money first went to his mum who then died. Then it went to her sister and she died and so it went to someone else and they died and it went to some kid way down the family tree."

Technically post-punk, I suppose. But this may interest some on here:

Looking forward to reading this, my copy is on the way. If it’s half as good as Steve Hanley’s book it will be excellent.
Although I’m a huge Fall fan from since before this album even came out (hence the username) I have always thought Hex Enduction Hour was somewhat over-eulogised. It’s a great album, but by no means their best, but that’s a whole other thread of ‘barn/muffin’ proportions.

Hope you enjoyed it - if not I hope the gap between v1 and v2 was explanatory lol
I did enjoy it and the voice was struggling a bit this morning....
Highlights were Fade Away, suspect device, at the edge, nobody's hero and of course alternative Ulster.
Jake gave a great story for writing barbed wire love.... The record company told them they wanted a love song not another political rant.... So they took the piss with all the doo wopping and made it into a Belfast love song!

Looking forward to reading this, my copy is on the way. If it’s half as good as Steve Hanley’s book it will be excellent.
Although I’m a huge Fall fan from since before this album even came out (hence the username) I have always thought Hex Enduction Hour was somewhat over-eulogised. It’s a great album, but by no means their best, but that’s a whole other thread of ‘barn/muffin’ proportions.
I've read MES's book, Simon Wolstencroft's book, the excellent book where all of the 45 ex members are tracked down and the brilliant book by Brix.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.