Putin - What's his end game?

Watch the film "The Big Short" and you'' see why the 2008 crash happened.

It was not done on purpose. The banks and top 1% men were just cutting these amazingly shit fairytale methods to earn themselves an absolutely eye watering amount of money. That's what they control, they probably/maybe aren't out to 'get us' all, but they are only interested in their own wealth and anyone else is just a side issue, an under-issue that they don't care about. But they were too fucking stupid to realise how flimsy (and criminal) their methods were and the World's economy crashed... yet none of the people responsible were held accountable. All the fucking crooks got away with it! Why do you think that was?

Also watch the BBC documentary called "HYPERNORMALISATION", it's absolutely brilliant.

(it's not your average 30 minute Panorama programme, it's about three hours long though so get yourself a free night)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04b183c

I’ve seen The Big Short.

Very good film and you’re agreeing with exactly my point.

It was them being greedy rather than a sinister conspiracy.

Russia are perhaps ahead on cyber warfare.

I wouldn't even say that, they are ahead only in the terms of aggression but you could say that when they fly their half century old bombers just north of Scotland.

I'm pretty sure the CIA, GCHQ and alike with their massive budgets will quite easily quash real threats.

The real danger in the cyber world is China and not because of disruption as with Russia but because of their ability to steal technology and knowledge.

I’ve seen The Big Short.

Very good film and you’re agreeing with exactly my point.

It was them being greedy rather than a sinister conspiracy.
And they are getting greedier.

Brexit' will be boon for vulture capitalism.

https://clinton.presidentiallibraries.us/items/show/57569

If anyone has a spare couple of hours. Here's some declassified conversations between Clinton and Yeltsin that have just been released.

Reading them you can see how Putin came to power and his political stance towards western influences came from this relationship. What's going on now with Trump could be construed as payback.

Putin is old school KGB. Like a lot of Cold War spies, he is probably hankering after a time when East and West were playing cat and mouse; always trying to get one over on each other. The spying game was such an adrenaline fuelled environment, and when the wall came down a lot of people found it very hard to adjust. For Putin, I guess the Cold War never really ended.

Agents on both sides of the wall had their intel sources, often taking years to groom them, or put them in a position where they can exploit them either with bribes or have something incriminating on them, such as video/audio of them doing something dodgy.

In the case of Trump, it is entirely possible that he is in fact under the direct or indirect control of Putin. He (Trump) is a prime candidate for social engineering, and a gift to any agent of a foreign government. I really don't think it would take an awful lot of effort to get him to do something incriminating. In a lot of cases, Trump has been able to splash the cash to make a lot of the incriminating stuff go away (at least for a while anyway - Stormy Daniels, Karen McDougal and likely many others), but if Putin has dirt on Trump, you can bet it would be put to very good use.

As to what the end game is I really don't know; it might even just be the thrill of the chase.

Reactions: mat
Putin is old school KGB. Like a lot of Cold War spies, he is probably hankering after a time when East and West were playing cat and mouse; always trying to get one over on each other. The spying game was such an adrenaline fuelled environment, and when the wall came down a lot of people found it very hard to adjust. For Putin, I guess the Cold War never really ended.

Agents on both sides of the wall had their intel sources, often taking years to groom them, or put them in a position where they can exploit them either with bribes or have something incriminating on them, such as video/audio of them doing something dodgy.

In the case of Trump, it is entirely possible that he is in fact under the direct or indirect control of Putin. He (Trump) is a prime candidate for social engineering, and a gift to any agent of a foreign government. I really don't think it would take an awful lot of effort to get him to do something incriminating. In a lot of cases, Trump has been able to splash the cash to make a lot of the incriminating stuff go away (at least for a while anyway - Stormy Daniels, Karen McDougal and likely many others), but if Putin has dirt on Trump, you can bet it would be put to very good use.

As to what the end game is I really don't know; it might even just be the thrill of the chase.
Yeltsin was seen publicly as a puppet of the west. Putting Trump in charge of the US might be his revenge.

Thought it deserved a thread away from the Trump one after that press conference.

Any Russiaphiles spread some light on his recent actions. Is he wanting to save international relations or destroy them?
Putin is an ex-KGB agent. He'll kill - literally - anyone in his way - without compunction. He's evil incarnate.

His end game is to advance Russian supremacy in whatever way he can. He'll stoop to no ends in this regard - killing fellow Russians to inflame sentiment is absolutely within bounds.

Insofar as the rise of Populism around the world - Putin couldn't be more pleased.
===
Whether a willing stooge - or inadvertent accomplice - Trump is the perfect President for Putin.

Trump polarizes opinion - undermines the free press, casts doubt on social institutions designed to impartially protect Americans and American rights, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.