Puts on tin hat as its time for a whinge

tomhawley said:
It's the bastards who aren't there to clap the players out for their warm up that piss me off

I know you're wumming but you actually couldn't be more right. You bastards are all in the boozer/city square/ back of stand and slope in up to 10 min after the game has started when you should be singing the players' names and getting the atmosphere going- forget your official drummers etc. Get in there before the game starts.

Soz OP, I was desperate for a piss and the ball went out of play just as the extra time was announced. As I'm 2/3 the way up EL3 in the middle of the row I'd have had to wait 10 min and couldn't hold on that long. I'm usually watching the groundsmen doing formation grass cutting at the end of the game and I was in my seat at 2:30pm, so can I please be excused just this once please kind sir.

djimaldblue said:
Seedy Ron said:
I did leave early today for the first time since Gillingham at Wembley (though I did go back in there) with 89 minutes on the board and 5 goals to the good so I could rush home and collect my 5 year old daughter from a dance class as nobody else would have. If the truth be told it felt quite good and I might do it against Madrid if the game is in the balance but with a snooker ball stuffed in my mouth.

Seriously, we have just won 5-0 on a day when all the results have gone our way and our players are been paid a whacking great salary for their efforts, get a f*cking grip will you.

I think you should get a f*cking grip mate.

Good luck with your leaving early against Madrid. I'm sure all the world will understand your issues when we are being showcased on the telly next week, and with a few more like you maybe we can have a completely empty stadium by full time.

You're probably first in the queue at a buffet so you can eat and leave before the party is over.

I can see sarcasm is not your strong point. I was conveying the thought that though I do not regularly leave early some people do and I do not think the players will lose to much sleep over the regular early leavers not being there when the final whistle goes.

Just to be clear that I will not be leaving early on Wednesday as my daughter will be tucked up safely in bed at that point so I can avoid being one of those annoying types your rag mates take the piss out of.

Clear now.

Does anyone know if that lad still sits behind the entrance/exit at the back of 219? Perhaps you are on here? He used to scream and shout and bully every dad/soft looking lad and other soft target for daring to leave their seat before half time and before the final whistle. He started screaming at this lad one time about ten minutes before full time asking where the fuck he thought he was going, support the team ,calling him a lightweight and all sorts of shit the lad stopped in his tracks, stared up at him and just said...i'm going for a fucking piss you got a problem with that? Never seen anyone shrivel up and curdle so fast .
For the record, it used to do my head in when people left but i'd never moan at anyone for doing it. Each to their own.

djimaldblue said:
Seedy Ron said:
I did leave early today for the first time since Gillingham at Wembley (though I did go back in there) with 89 minutes on the board and 5 goals to the good so I could rush home and collect my 5 year old daughter from a dance class as nobody else would have. If the truth be told it felt quite good and I might do it against Madrid if the game is in the balance but with a snooker ball stuffed in my mouth.

Seriously, we have just won 5-0 on a day when all the results have gone our way and our players are been paid a whacking great salary for their efforts, get a f*cking grip will you.

Good luck with your leaving early against Madrid. I'm sure all the world will understand your issues when we are being showcased on the telly next week, and with a few more like you maybe we can have a completely empty stadium by full time.

You're probably first in the queue at a buffet so you can eat and leave before the party is over.

I can see sarcasm is not your strong point. I was conveying the thought that though I do not regularly leave early some people do and I do not think the players will lose to much sleep over the regular early leavers not being there when the final whistle goes.

Just to be clear that I will not be leaving early on Wednesday as my daughter will be tucked up safely in bed at that point so I can avoid being one of those annoying types your rag mates take the piss out of.

Clear now.

Seedy Ron said:
djimaldblue said:
Seedy Ron said:

Clear now.

Thank you for pointing out that sarcasm is my weakness.

I am genuinely pleased that your daughter will be tucked up in bed and that you will be staying at the ground until full time on Wednesday.

However, the fact that our players do or do not lose sleep over a half empty ground at full time is hardly the point. In fact I couldn't give a monkey's what the players think.

In my opinion to leave before full time is disrespectful to the team and the club. Would you leave a theatre before the final act if it were compelling and you didn't know what the final outcome was? I certainly wouldn't! And even if the outcome was obvious (5-0) I would want to applaud the cast at the end to show my respect.

I accept that there are times when individuals simply have to leave before the end of the match, but I don't understand why thousands do it week in and week out.

Nothing personal Seedy, we are both Blues after all.

OP must be a more loyal and devoted fan than me because I left with 2 mins of injury time remaining for no better reason than to beat the rush.

Shame on me.

Blue2112 said:
GazC said:
Blue2112 said:
Don't give a shit about the tv or what rag fans think but I do give a shit about what our players and managers must think. Fans are the first to moan when players don't come over and clap to them well it goes both ways. I'll say it again that yes I know there are loads of reasons why people leave genuinely but not about 10,000 fans a split second after the 3 minutes were announced.

I know what you're getting at, appreciation should be shown after a good performance, but at the same time I don't for a minute believe any of the playing staff lose any sleep over it.

I fear, when the metrolink opens, this will get far worse.

Your right and I don't think they lose a minutes sleep but i'm sure they're aware of it. If I owned City and would everyone ask themselves the very same question 'would you look at the crowds reaction and not feel a little disapointed and wonder why or how you could stop it'. I think thats a natural feeling if your trying to build something the size of whats going on here. Bringing fantastic footballers, building the academy, ground expansions....Ask yourselves would it not cross your mind if you were the owners?

Totally agree with everything josh. It looks terrible and I bet the owners sometimes think why do we bother. Thing is the parking and traffic flow is an absolute joke and its the big reason why there's a mass exit. I've never really noticed it with other clubs. Just watched west broms game on tv and it looked packed at the final whistle. And you can't really blame jobs, it's not as if city fans are the only club supporters that need to go to work. Hopefully the metro link will be somewhat similar to London in that it will allow fans to get away easier and not have to leave the ground earlier. That way the champions can get a proper round of applause as they leave the pitch.

Blue2112 said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The truth to tell, yer've fucked off home. I'm locked in, and I'm bedded down for Wednesday.

Thank fuck for that, it must be you I can hear snoring. I thought they perhaps let Tigers loose at night for added security. I'm going for a fag in the bog at the back of 116 if your a smoker.

How the fuck do you get a reception to post on here. It's like being in the middle of the fucking ocean at times at City trying to send a text or get on the net on my phone.
That is usually because there are 47,000 people trying to get signal and mobile data. When no fucker is there you can get reception just fine.

citymad said:
Just watched west broms game on tv and it looked packed at the final whistle.
Can't be bothered to go into the perceived rights or wrongs of people leaving early, but you can't really compare City's game yesterday with West Brom's. They were one goal to the good against the reigning European champions in a game they probably expected to get nothing out of and where the result was hanging firmly in the balance. I suspect there might have been a slightly different reaction had they been 5-0 up against QPR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.