Puts on tin hat as its time for a whinge

the solution is simple, lock the gates until the final whistle :)

It's my pet hate, I would also remove all toilet and food services and ensure all fans arrive 15 minutes before kickoff.

If you do need to leave early you must have a signed note from your Mum pre-approved by City

djimaldblue said:
cibaman said:
L
I'm very sorry if I upset any of the players by not stopping to clap them off.

And so you should be!

To be honest I think this ritualistic mutual clapping is extremely tedious. Most of the time the players look like they just want to get off the pitch.

There are times when the celebarations of the players and fans at the final whistle are genuine and quite uplifting. After the United game in April, or the WBA game recently. I'm more than happy to stay a bit longer on those occasions.

Ducado said:
To be honest unless you left at half time you will get stuck in traffic, I nearly always stay until the final whistle, I drove today rather than catch he train, less than an hour from Blackpool to my parents in Urmston, nearly an hour from Urmston to the ground (I should have took the Mancunian way) about 45 mins before I got to clear traffic in Salford, I do think something needs to be done about the post match congestion

when the metrolink is up and running more people should stop driving to the match and get the tram. Will people leave early to get the first tram though!

I live in Liverpool and when I drive to the game leaving a few mins early means I get back home probably a good half an hour quicker than if I leave on the whistle. I don't see how someone could possibly have a problem with this. If I get the train I stay to the final whistle.

I'm sure the owners don't really care what happens at 85 mins. By this point we've payed for our ticket, bought our programme and enjoyed the overpriced pie and a pint. We're no further use to them, especially when we're cruising to a victory. Of course when we're pushing for that late goal we can be that 12th man, but you will see less people leave early in such games.

Sitting in traffic is miserable. If a punter wants to nip out a bit early to avoid this after 85+ minutes of entertainment then that's fine by me. The theatre analogy is a bit different as how many theatres have a capacity of 47000? Battling with another 1-2000 others isn't really that much of a problem!

There's other less trivial aspects of a match day that need looking at in my opinion e.g. The persistent threat to people's health by smoking in the toilets, the chaos at some of the bars, the constant empty seats in the corporate and the direct supply of tickets to viagogo for sale at inflated prices.

I'm sure the club can handle the fact that theres a few empty seats at the final whistle.

To the OP: the minute you start paying for my season ticket I will start giving a flying fuck what you think! Until then do one and I will leave the ground whenever I want!

I don't give a flying fuck if some uber fan on the Internet is somehow embarrassed. I stay until the end 9 times out of 10 and wouldn't dream of leaving a game in the balance. But yesterday I left on 85 minutes because I wanted to get home early. The game was finished, the subs had taken the tempo out of it. I wanted to be back in my nice warm house as I'd been out since 9am.

As the Americans like to say; deal with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.