Puts on tin hat as its time for a whinge

stan bowles said:
Seems there are more weak bladders, kids needing to get presents, relatives arriving from Dorset for the weekend, Christmas parties to get ready for and other lame ass excuses than for any other club in Christendom. Piss off at half time if you want to avoid the traffic queues and you've got other more important things to do.
Its the clubs fault with the clubs awful car parking system that so many leave early.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:08 pm --<br /><br />
Dexter Morgan said:
Most of the time people leave out of habit. I can see them keep looking at the scoreboard checking the time. A bloke near me, with his kid leaves on 84 mins every game, even when we had 12 mins extra recently. Madness. Unless you have a train to catch or genuine reason stay for fks sake and applaud the team. Support the players in the last few mins , they need it more when they are bolloxed. Its a free country and all that but leaving just to get home or pub a few mins earlier, is it worth it?
Its not just a few minutes earlier is it though which is why so many leave earlier.

stan bowles said:
Seems there are more weak bladders
I know the way to solve this - raise the price of beer so we don't drink so much at half time ;-)

The sooner the tram enters commission the better, that should save so much hassle.

without a dream said:
I don't really get why anyone woud use the clubs parking if they're capable of walking a mile. If you park further away it's cheaper and you can walk to your car and get straight away without being sat in traffic. Each to their own though.
Or park the car in town and walk back after the game. It took your typical old fucker (me!) 22 minutes from outside the ground on Ashton New Rd back to the bottom of the station approach on London Road after the Swansea game.

without a dream said:
I don't really get why anyone woud use the clubs parking if they're capable of walking a mile. If you park further away it's cheaper and you can walk to your car and get straight away without being sat in traffic. Each to their own though.
What about people who go with their dads, Grandads etc who struggle to walk that distance?

Do people expect to be able to leave a stadium packed with 47,000 people within 1 or 2 minutes? If you attend an event with thousands of people it is unrealistic to expect it to empty and the roads be clear after 5 minutes!! In other words just accept that it will take a while to get away and stay in the stadium and applaud the lads off!! I stay to the end and then I wait until the aisles are getting clear before I leave.

I think someone else has mentioned pop concerts and theatre attendance where you wouldn't dream of leaving early.

Just my opinion. :-)

Eccles Blue said:
Do people expect to be able to leave a stadium packed with 47,000 people within 1 or 2 minutes?

Nope. Which is why I sometimes leave early!

With regards to supporting the team after the final whistle most of them head straight down the tunnel anyway. The idiots who slag off the players constantly throughout the game are more of a problem in my opinion. I've even heard Silva being called shit by parts of the crowd near me. And calls for Kompany to be dropped.

By leaving early I make it easier for the holier than than thou fans to get out though. Be grateful!

Expected and got the typical knee jerk replies like until you buy my season ticket, your a bigger blue for staying, parking etc...

I'll also say it again that yes it's totally understandable, reasonable and quite right that some people leave for work, pre-arranged events like parties, elderley people etc...

Matchday for me has been and always will be about City and attending the game, i'm not arsed one bit if I have to sit in my car in traffic for an extra half hour, barring of course like stated above I need to be somewhere else, just put the radio on and listen to the football chat, and don't we all accept we have to sit in traffic at away games as well? On matchdays unless like stated above I have a genuine other reason to get home then I can't for the life of me fathom out why anyone would want to go just for the sake of being home 20 minutes earlier. Like what the fuck do you do in those extra 20 minutes anyway?

My point is that there's a difference to people filtering out of the ground slowly and what happened yesterday where thousands stood up at once and filed out the second the announcer said 3 minutes injury time were to be added and then stopped in the aisles to turn around when there was an attack. If your going then fuck off out.

Anyway putting aside all the rights and wrongs if you have to go then fine no problem but if you don't surely it reflects on us as fans towards the team, the club, the owners and just because it's the right thing to do is stay an extra few minutes and applaud the boys off for their efforts. It's not like the old days of Nigel Clough and Ged Brannan FFS! Surely thats the right thing to do we're all in it together and want the same thing. This club is going to be winning trophies for the foreseable future so let's bloody all enjoy every single minute of it.

greasedupdeafguy said:
without a dream said:
What about people who go with their dads, Grandads etc who struggle to walk that distance?

Read his post again. He said those that are capable of walking a mile, not those that aren't.

Either way, there are shit loads of decent parking spots less than a mile from the ground that enable a fast getaway. Many of them are just outside the permit zone and are free but no, too many people are too lazy to bother seeking them out and would sooner park next to the ground itself yet it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the closer to a football ground one parks, the longer it takes to get away afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.