Qatar Holdings: Due Diligence On A £1.5billion United.......

Ajay said:
let's not forget that this is also a publicity stunt for Qatar, they have won the World Cup and are doing all they can to raise their profile within the sporting and tourism sectors - buying or attempting to buy United is a big marketing coup for them....

This leads me to believe that they are buying for the wrong reasons - our owners bought us as a long term investment and as a 'real' club full of 'real' fans - they are not looking to build us and sell us whereas Qatar may have different plans...

I hear what you are saying Ajay, but I think one of the reasons the good Sheik bought us was to promote Abu Dhabi. So not sure how valid that argument is.

What I do know though is that the Qatar owners may equal but never better our owners in terms of commitment, professionalism and dignity.

We also have to remember, that the Rags will soon have to face the fact that Baconface can't go on forever, and when he does go, I believe the transition to a new regime will be alot more painful for them than they expect - Qatari billions or not.

YaYa's Left Peg said:
Ajay said:
let's not forget that this is also a publicity stunt for Qatar, they have won the World Cup and are doing all they can to raise their profile within the sporting and tourism sectors - buying or attempting to buy United is a big marketing coup for them....

This leads me to believe that they are buying for the wrong reasons - our owners bought us as a long term investment and as a 'real' club full of 'real' fans - they are not looking to build us and sell us whereas Qatar may have different plans...

I hear what you are saying Ajay, but I think one of the reasons the good Sheik bought us was to promote Abu Dhabi. So not sure how valid that argument is.

What I do know though is that the Qatar owners may equal but never better our owners in terms of commitment, professionalism and dignity.

We also have to remember, that the Rags will soon have to face the fact that Baconface can't go on forever, and when he does go, I believe the transition to a new regime will be alot more painful for them than they expect - Qatari billions or not.

absolutly spot on, no drunken scot no= fucking cheating=no fucking winning.

fuck em.

Whether it's true or not a few points have to be remembered...

Anyone buying Utd would have to make sure the purchase gave the Glazers more finance than they can get out of Utd. The Glazers make an awful lot out of Utd and so they would need to be compensated significantly.

The Glazers will only sell Utd if they feel it's in their best interests - remember all of City's campaigns against Peter Swales? There were also various offers for the Club which Swales turned down. He only sold in the end (after more than a decade of on/off protests) because he couldn't compete with Lee (plus more politics but not worth going into). Swales was a much more public, local, figure than the Glazers and so he faced his critics every game - the Glazers don't have that same focus despite Utd's protests.

If the Glazers won't sell no one can buy them.

Anyone buying United other than a philanthropic fan will want to make serious money out of them. If they have to pay way over the odds for them then it won't be a sound investment unless they can milk the club and fans dry AND negotiate better TV deals (solely for the Reds not necessarily for the PL). They can't really market Utd much better. Similarly Utd can't really find that much more success (notice how insignificant winning each trophy is becoming to Utd in terms of global dominance - once you've reached Utd's level there's not that much further you can go).

Personally, I don't see a takeover of Utd happening in the short term because it doesn't offer the potential that taking over City did (and if I was an investor I'd seriously look at clubs like Spurs, Villa, Newcastle first because they still have potential to improve income streams significantly).

I hear what you are saying Ajay, but I think one of the reasons the good Sheik bought us was to promote Abu Dhabi. So not sure how valid that argument is

I have to disagree a little, yes there is an element of that from our owners but that was not the main reason why he purchased us.... if that was the only reason then he would have bought a different club..

Ajay said:
I hear what you are saying Ajay, but I think one of the reasons the good Sheik bought us was to promote Abu Dhabi. So not sure how valid that argument is

I have to disagree a little, yes there is an element of that from our owners but that was not the main reason why he purchased us.... if that was the only reason then he would have bought a different club..

I think we are both in agreement here - that's why I said 'one of the reasons' ;-)

YaYa's Left Peg said:
Ajay said:

I think we are both in agreement here - that's why I said 'one of the reasons' ;-)

Agreed :)

Dont understand why Blues feel the need to discuss this on a city forum. It nowt but pure speculation and rumour and its looks like some of us are falling for it, like alot things these days which turn out to be bollox in the media.

BluePurgatory said:
Dont understand why Blues feel the need to discuss this on a city forum. It nowt but pure speculation and rumour and its looks like some of us are falling for it, like alot things these days which turn out to be bollox in the media.

Agreed again

For the time being, we should just enjoy the rampant hypocrisy in them praying that they can sell themselves to this lot.

No doubt if this comes off then the money they'll spend will be money they've somehow earned in a very honest way and all will be right with the world once again.

All together now, 'utd, utd not for sale'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.