Qatar Holdings: Due Diligence On A £1.5billion United.......

cleavers said:
Harry Godwin said:
Don't give a shit, let it happen, watch the hypocrisy be exposed.

WNRH said:
Who cares? It won't stop what we are doing.

Agreed.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
no chance of competing if this goes through.

Bullshit, it doesn't make our owner less wealthy.

Makes for good competition though.

nope. they can trump us silly if they free their debt under FFPR, whereas we will be fighting to stay within the rules for years with no chance of overcoming their empire because they will be back on top.

They will still have to work within FFPR which will limit them to one big purchase per season at their current profit levels.

City are developing far more than a glamour football purchase.

If this is true expect it to go the same way as the World Cup they won. Things will give very quickly.

Sigh said:
I can only repeat what I said on the other thead:

City Arabs bad.

Rag Arabs good.

It'll make the media have to re-evaluate the whole strategy they put across of Arab investors as a whole though.

OFF the field, this is actually good for us in many way. That's without being under any delusions about the fact would make things harder on it.

jrb said:
WNRH said:
Who cares? It won't stop what we are doing.

it will make it harder though. Unfortunately. Not only that, but the thought of those Rgas gloating once again is a painful thought. Nothing on the wires or Red Cafe yet.

How will it? They cannot go out and spend £300m on players in one go.

Personally i would love for all 20 teams to be taken over by rich sheiks.

jrb said:
As I've stated. nothing confirmed yet. As stated, could be a rehash. Thought I'd post it, just in case it wasn't. No news filtering out yet.
You nearly gave me a heart attack with the thread title as if was confirmed.

It'll just mean United will return to purchasing 2 or 3 top quality players per season, it's not like us where we've pretty much bought a squad. Don't really see how this would affect things too much.

a purchase of this magnitude wouldn't have been kept quiet all the way up into the due diligence stage.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
no chance of competing if this goes through.

Don't be daft, they can still only put 11 players on the pitch, everyone said nobody had a chance when Chelsea spent all that money. They will still have the problems of trying to sign the really top players, even the scum would struggle to get Ronaldo back from RM, Messi or Iniesta from Barca, De Pirlo from Roma etc.

Their squad will take a step up in quality if it happens - I'll bet Slur Alix will miraculously find "value" in the transfer market if he's handed £250m to rebuild his squad.........

Yes, it will make things harder but with the squad we have now and maybe 2-3 more coming in over Jan and the summer I'm pretty happy with what we have now. If Dzeko turns out as most BM'ers expect we are maybe a creative mid and 1 or 2 more from completing our squad. It's then down to finishing the knitting together of the "team" and getting a full pre-season with our completed squad.

OK! It's a load of bolloxs. Lock the thread and drink a stiff one. Phew! Good night chaps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.