Qatar Stats - This is Truly Pathetic. What a Joke.

Personally I couldnt care less where its held. After the shit that was South Africa I dont think i'll watch it again.

During the last world cup I was at some corporate freebie in Manchester. We won the game one nil and yet after the game I was walking down Deansgate and around 150-200 lads were running down the street chucking bottles at windows and not giving a toss who they were annoying. That was after a win.

When we lost in the semi's in 1996 there were riots in London.

Why would it be any different next time?

Qatar is an odd choice thats for sure but USA,Japan and Korea have all had it in recent years and australia is so far away with four hours flying between cities that it was just not a reasonable option

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Personally I couldnt care less where its held. After the shit that was South Africa I dont think i'll watch it again.

During the last world cup I was at some corporate freebie in Manchester. We won the game one nil and yet after the game I was walking down Deansgate and around 150-200 lads were running down the street chucking bottles at windows and not giving a toss who they were annoying. That was after a win.

When we lost in the semi's in 1996 there were riots in London.

Why would it be any different next time?

Qatar is an odd choice thats for sure but USA,Japan and Korea have all had it in recent years and australia is so fare away with four hours flying between cities that it was just not a reasonable option

But Russia has the same problem, two of the Cities hosting games are a 9 hour flight apart! Another is 5 Hours away from the next host City and doesnt have an airport. Temp's will differ in each City too. Just got off the phone to my old man, he worked out there on and off for years and he said it's so vast and far spread it's untrue. Pure madness.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Qatar is an odd choice thats for sure but USA,Japan and Korea have all had it in recent years and australia is so far away with four hours flying between cities that it was just not a reasonable option

Yet the largest country in the World with shit transport and massive crime problems is ok?

I think it's good that we've finally got a World Cup in the Middle East, might bring a bit of unity to a part of the world that sorely needs it. I've always believed in the power of sport to bring people together. Doesn't mean I don't think this was gotten by corruption but I can definitely see the positives more than some on here.

Who gives a shit anyway. Unless you actually plan to go then it doesnt really matter. When watching on TV, it could be anywhere. It all looks the same on TV. At least they wont have Vuvuzelas.

Have'nt read the thread but seen the op, tell you what guys, the Pickled livered old whino from over the Road will be rubbing his scabby mitts now, cue Qatar Billionaire taking over the Rags.

Why so much bitching and crying?

South Africa was worse than Qatar could ever be.

Qatar will have beautiful venues with peace and quiet, beats the hell out of playing football in a bee hive. Temperature controlled pitches with no rain, either.

FIFA will be sucking our cocks when these bids go tits up and can´t deliver - what happens if oil prices tank? Ridiculous and corrupt decisions . Can´t wait for the NOTW (shit I know)to chase these bent fookers down - every one of them and out them for what they are

NewbBlue said:
Why so much bitching and crying?

South Africa was worse than Qatar could ever be.

Qatar will have beautiful venues with peace and quiet, beats the hell out of playing football in a bee hive. Temperature controlled pitches with no rain, either.

No one is saying that SA was any good mate. I was there....it was indeed, SHIT!

The same will apply to Qatar unfortunately because the interest is just not there in football.

Instead of playing politics, Blatter should do what's best for the game and that is to give it to countries with the history, passion and ability to stage it with the maximum enjoyment for the thousands of fans that are the lifeblood of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.