QPR Post Match

OB1 said:
cleavers said:
Benarbia said:
Don't think the players aguero aside have any fight in them
We know that several of the starters today don't fight, it was hardly rocket science that Clichy, Sagna, Nasri, and Navas in the starting line up weren't going to have the fight for that game. Zab and Milner on the bench was a master stroke for 'arry.

Add all of that to two players struggling to find their feet in the PL, we are lucky we drew the game.

Virtually no leadership in that team, apart from the striker, who thankfully kept us in the game.

We were below par butbwe were not lucky to draw: both the goals we scored were excellent. As usual the Yaya bashers are out but his ball to Aguero for the equaliser was world class as was Aguero's finish. Nothing lucky there. Wehad 23 goal attempts and that stat ignores the two virtual open goals that we didn't quite get a touch on.
Doesn't really address the point I was making OB1, and that is no leadership on the picth (Zab and Milner), 4 players we know have no fight, alongside 2 who are struggling to find their feet in the PL having come from a much slower league.

I wasn't saying we were lucky to get a draw, rather that seeing that line up, we are lucky we managed to get a draw, possibly the only positive, was achieving anything with that line up, sorry but it was an awful line up, and there was no need for it with an international break coming up (I don't give a toss for internationals, City come first).

I'm not normally negative but we were never getting 3 points with that team, and I'm relieved we got 1, and that against a team in the bottom 3 before kick off.

Its not good enough is it ?

Anyone else notice how our goals were from direct play, big balls over the top?
Qpr were set up to defend deep in and around the area when we had possession in their half. Both times we put it long, they were not expecting it and were undone.

Just a thought. Direct football can be effective.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
summerseat blue said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
This world domination thing. When exactly?
Rome wasn't built in a day you know mate.

How many times have we heard that?
Rome wasn't built in a day, I agree. We've been building for 6 years though, not one day, and the result has left me thinking what could have been. We've done well but fallen short of the potential we had.

BobKowalski said:
Well we found our best formation which basically involves Mike Dean sweeping up at the back with crucial blow ups at the right time and excellent use of yellow cards in the first half.

Lowest percentage for completed passes this season says it all. Confidence is on the floor and most of the team are a bag of nerves. Still too many sloppy goals conceded. Mentality is pretty much shot and thank God for Sergio. On this form the title is gone.

Pellers putting a brave face on it but a lot of work needs to be put in.

No wonder they are a bag of nerves with Mangala, Fernando and Clichy in the side.

I would rather see our EDS left back at the moment or anyone playing there rather than him. We should have fucked him off last season but instead amazingly gave him a new contract. He is absolute gash.

kp789 said:
Anyone else notice how our goals were from direct play, big balls over the top?
Qpr were set up to defend deep in and around the area when we had possession in their half. Both times we put it long, they were not expecting it and were undone.

Just a thought. Direct football can be effective.

Yes - and might be somewhat of a decent plan B against clubs following the blueprint of pressing the hell out of us and watching us fly to pieces.

Pellers tried this against Southampton last year and it didn't work (almost did - Dzeko messed up a chance.) Maureen actually beat So'ton's press going to this tactic last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.