QPR Post Match

kp789 said:
Anyone else notice how our goals were from direct play, big balls over the top?
Qpr were set up to defend deep in and around the area when we had possession in their half. Both times we put it long, they were not expecting it and were undone.

Just a thought. Direct football can be effective.

It can be when you have a striker of Aguero's quality playing.

This season is looking more dead than when Mancini was sacked. And it's early November.

Our defending is so woeful it's hard to reconcile with the fact that we spend 32m on one defender. We look hopeless without Kompany and Silva. How could we spend so much money and have absolutely no one who can adequately fill in for those two?

I blame the recruitment policy since we won the league in 2012. Look at our best players... Hart Zabaleta Kompany Toure Silva & Aguero all been here since pre 2012. What have we done in the 5 transfer windows since we won the title in 2012?

cleavers said:
OB1 said:
cleavers said:
We know that several of the starters today don't fight, it was hardly rocket science that Clichy, Sagna, Nasri, and Navas in the starting line up weren't going to have the fight for that game. Zab and Milner on the bench was a master stroke for 'arry.

Add all of that to two players struggling to find their feet in the PL, we are lucky we drew the game.

Virtually no leadership in that team, apart from the striker, who thankfully kept us in the game.

We were below par butbwe were not lucky to draw: both the goals we scored were excellent. As usual the Yaya bashers are out but his ball to Aguero for the equaliser was world class as was Aguero's finish. Nothing lucky there. Wehad 23 goal attempts and that stat ignores the two virtual open goals that we didn't quite get a touch on.
Doesn't really address the point I was making OB1, and that is no leadership on the picth (Zab and Milner), 4 players we know have no fight, alongside 2 who are struggling to find their feet in the PL having come from a much slower league.

I wasn't saying we were lucky to get a draw, rather that seeing that line up, we are lucky we managed to get a draw, possibly the only positive, was achieving anything with that line up, sorry but it was an awful line up, and there was no need for it with an international break coming up (I don't give a toss for internationals, City come first).

I'm not normally negative but we were never getting 3 points with that team, and I'm relieved we got 1, and that against a team in the bottom 3 before kick off.

Its not good enough is it ?

right set up for me but wrong players as you say

but some of that could have been down to fitness levels after recent matches

that formation with zabba in for sagna, kompany for one of the other centre halves and silva for either nasri or navas plus milner in for the other would be our strongest team and set up with the current players

baildon blue said:
BobKowalski said:
Well we found our best formation which basically involves Mike Dean sweeping up at the back with crucial blow ups at the right time and excellent use of yellow cards in the first half.

Lowest percentage for completed passes this season says it all. Confidence is on the floor and most of the team are a bag of nerves. Still too many sloppy goals conceded. Mentality is pretty much shot and thank God for Sergio. On this form the title is gone.

Pellers putting a brave face on it but a lot of work needs to be put in.
Dean played a blinder for us today .
Are star man a part from Sergio .

Our

kp789 said:
Anyone else notice how our goals were from direct play, big balls over the top?
Qpr were set up to defend deep in and around the area when we had possession in their half. Both times we put it long, they were not expecting it and were undone.

Just a thought. Direct football can be effective.
Its been are weakness all this season so far .
I noticed in that last 10 minutes Q.P.R were struggling with the long ball against us .
At the moment City have a very soft centre .

jayblue said:
I don't know why people are slagging dzeko off. tonight was his best performance for weeks

he! LOL!......Mate, I needed a smile after watching that game......thanks! ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.