QPR Post Match

Exeter Blue I am here said:
mosssideblue said:
Marvin said:
Couple of great long passes from Mangala

Plenty have emphasised the negatives, but there was some moments of quality and we came back from two down twice. Showed a bit of bottle.

I know there are some problems, but I reckon we'll turn it around in the League at least.

I'm with you Marv, after a shaky start he settled and did ok. Everyone expects him to land running for his pricetag. New country, new language, new team etc etc, just needs to settle proper and he will become a solid partner for Vinnie.

I too thought there were signs of fight in the team

And I'll agree with that as well. Considering the weather, the size of the pitch and Dean allowing QPR players to barge and foul ours with pretty much absolute impunity, I thought we did well in the end to come through it.
What is of real concern though is that we are down to just one forward (an unneccessary risk we created when we sold Negredo) and there are real problems in the middle of midfield. Everyone has been crying out on here for the two Ferns to be handed the central midfield berths, with Ya Ya shoved further forward; well we got that yesterday, but all three were pretty poor and as a combo it didn't work at all. Not hard to see why then we extended Lampard's contract, as he looked a class above all of them when he came on, and much as I agree with Cleavers about shopping in January, I think we might have to.

Dean booked half the QPR team in the first half just for looking at us funny. Without Dean we would have been totally shagged in that first half. Going in 1-1 at HT was nothing short of a miracle. After the break we started to click, excercise some control and create chances. Then we lost the plot. Putting on Dzeko was a poor move as I didn't want to see us taking bodies out of midfield even if they weren't playing great. Taking off Dzeko and going back to the original set up 5 minutes later but with Yaya deeper was a bad sign as it displayed uncertainty from the bench and the last thing Pellers needs to show right now is indecision.

BobKowalski said:
mosssideblue said:
I'm with you Marv, after a shaky start he settled and did ok. Everyone expects him to land running for his pricetag. New country, new language, new team etc etc, just needs to settle proper and he will become a solid partner for Vinnie.

And I'll agree with that as well. Considering the weather, the size of the pitch and Dean allowing QPR players to barge and foul ours with pretty much absolute impunity, I thought we did well in the end to come through it.
What is of real concern though is that we are down to just one forward (an unneccessary risk we created when we sold Negredo) and there are real problems in the middle of midfield. Everyone has been crying out on here for the two Ferns to be handed the central midfield berths, with Ya Ya shoved further forward; well we got that yesterday, but all three were pretty poor and as a combo it didn't work at all. Not hard to see why then we extended Lampard's contract, as he looked a class above all of them when he came on, and much as I agree with Cleavers about shopping in January, I think we might have to.

Dean booked half the QPR team in the first half just for looking at us funny. Without Dean we would have been totally shagged in that first half. Going in 1-1 at HT was nothing short of a miracle. After the break we started to click, excercise some control and create chances. Then we lost the plot. Putting on Dzeko was a poor move as I didn't want to see us taking bodies out of midfield even if they weren't playing great. Taking off Dzeko and going back to the original set up 5 minutes later but with Yaya deeper was a bad sign as it displayed uncertainty from the bench and the last thing Pellers needs to show right now is indecision.

Pretty sure Dzeko would have stayed on if he didn't do his ankle.

The question about buying in January must be based on how high those in charge think we'll finish with the current set up. - That's players and coaching staff as they could be thinking of changes on or off the pitch.
If they think we'll finish in the top three they might settle for that and have a much longer period to plan for next season, but if they think we'll struggle to reach that position we might see a couple of panic buys.
The people running the club don't see missing the CL as an option whatever we fans might think of the corrupt circus.
The other seven in the current top 8 are Chelsea, Southampton, West Ham, Arsenal, rags, Swansea and Liverpool. So can you see us finishing above five of that lot?
Most would think West Ham, Swansea and Southampton won't last the pace but Arsenal might not settle for fourth as they have recently. So assuming those others fade, do you think we can we finish above either the rags or Liverpool with the current set up?

East Level 2 said:
The question about buying in January must be based on how high those in charge think we'll finish with the current set up. - That's players and coaching staff as they could be thinking of changes on or off the pitch.
If they think we'll finish in the top three they might settle for that and have a much longer period to plan for next season, but if they think we'll struggle to reach that position we might see a couple of panic buys.
The people running the club don't see missing the CL as an option whatever we fans might think of the corrupt circus.
The other seven in the current top 8 are Chelsea, Southampton, West Ham, Arsenal, rags, Swansea and Liverpool. So can you see us finishing above five of that lot?
Most would think West Ham, Swansea and Southampton won't last the pace but Arsenal might not settle for fourth as they have recently. So assuming those others fade, do you think we can we finish above either the rags or Liverpool with the current set up?

Yes

mancity1 said:
BobKowalski said:

Pretty sure Dzeko would have stayed on if he didn't do his ankle.

Well obviously. But if you intend to switch to two strikers then replace Dzeko with Jovetic. It's not as if he is in worse form than Dzeko. The injury was unfortunate but it also showed that Pellers was perhaps uncertain about which route to go in the match and the impression of uncertainty is the last thing Pellers needs right now.

BobKowalski said:
mosssideblue said:

He booked 3 and he could have doubled that number. The City back line was fouled incessantly (and dangerously) by Zamora and Austin either barging into or backing underneath them as they tried to jump, with City players speared into the turf head first as a result. Barton could easily have seen red but didn't even cop for yellow, and Dunne was a lucky boy too.
Not sure putting on Dzeko was a poor move in itself, but taking off Fern rather than Ya Ya, who'd done chuff all at that point, to facilitate that substitution, wasn't the greatest move in my book.
Central midfield is the root cause of all our problems at the moment, and I'm not sure Pellegrini knows what our best pairing or formation is. There are deficiencies in virtually all our potential combinations. It ain't good

East Level 2 said:

Improve the current performance level of the current squad a notch or two and we will be top 3 easily. Only Chelsea are in our league. Right now we are playing well below par and are still 3rd. There is much work to be done but it largely revolves round fixing the current squad not sacking half of it off and panic buying in January.

cleavers said:
de niro said:
january is now our biggest window since the takeover. we stutter along till then and try to stay in the top 3. if thats the case then we can buy correctly and kick on from there. fanny and the season is over.
Nobody decent enough will come to City in January, the best players will still be in the CL (well most of them will ;o) ).

I wouldn't waste a penny in January, because if these players can't improve under MP, then he'll be gone in the summer, and the new guy will probably want whole scale changes (which I think are required anyway). Leave it till summer, hope we improve, or write this season off apart from the FA Cup.

I actually doubt with our current form in europe that the best players will come here anyway, we've already seen a number say no, and our current european form will be setting off alarm bells with most of the best. Time for a rethink, look at up coming talent (20-25 year olds), and build a new team around a few of the regulars, even if it takes a couple of seasons, we can still qualify for the CL (essential) and maybe improve our form in it.

Correct Cleavers! Isn't this the method Mancini adopted when he arrived? Most of the spine of this team was bought aged 20-25, apart from Yaya. Never really understood why Txiki/Pelligrini ripped up that strategy and started spending crazy money on players in their late 20's (e.g. Fernandinho for £30m).
I was excited by the new players for this season, thinking we had bought top quality in Mangala and Fernando and that they had plugged some gaps in our team, but in reality, they've been shit and exposed our weakness even further.

cleavers said:
de niro said:
january is now our biggest window since the takeover. we stutter along till then and try to stay in the top 3. if thats the case then we can buy correctly and kick on from there. fanny and the season is over.
Nobody decent enough will come to City in January, the best players will still be in the CL (well most of them will ;o) ).

I wouldn't waste a penny in January, because if these players can't improve under MP, then he'll be gone in the summer, and the new guy will probably want whole scale changes (which I think are required anyway). Leave it till summer, hope we improve, or write this season off apart from the FA Cup.

I actually doubt with our current form in europe that the best players will come here anyway, we've already seen a number say no, and our current european form will be setting off alarm bells with most of the best. Time for a rethink, look at up coming talent (20-25 year olds), and build a new team around a few of the regulars, even if it takes a couple of seasons, we can still qualify for the CL (essential) and maybe improve our form in it.

Correct Cleavers! Isn't this the method Mancini adopted when he arrived? Most of the spine of this team was bought aged 20-25, apart from Yaya. Never really understood why Txiki/Pelligrini ripped up that strategy and started spending crazy money on players in their late 20's (e.g. Fernandinho for £30m).
I was excited by the new players for this season, thinking we had bought top quality in Mangala and Fernando and that they had plugged some gaps in our team, but in reality, they've been shit and exposed our weakness even further.

The cookie monster said:
waspish said:
bluesimon said:
Sorry, but can't agree with you on several points. Firstly, it is not about winning every game 5/6-0. It is about just getting 3 points. QPR is not a tough place to go to, hence they got relegated and they even got beaten by burton albion.

This kind of run does not happen to truly top sides. Please let me know when Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG and even Chelski had the kind of shit run we have had. We got beat by the hammers, CKSA, newcastle and scraped a draw with QPR who are currently 2nd bottom and 13 points behind us - not exactly teams that are setting the world on fire. If we had lost to Chelsea, Dippers, Arsenal and even southampton, then perhaps we could call it a bad run of form.

City have lost the plot. I like Pellers, but sometimes the quietest are the most arrogant. Every time he gets asked a slightly probing question in the Press conferences, he gets all defensive, prickly and turns into a scratched record. And his answer after the CSKA game was 'I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG'. Is that someone that inspires? If he does not know that clearly something is seriously wrong and is not prepared to change anything and keep on with the same old mantra of 'playing our game', then he is a truly stubborn fool.

The teams that beat or drew with us recently, have done nothing more than a bit of home work. At the QPR game, I watched how many times Pellers came to the touch line to give out orders compared to 'Arry. 'Arry' shouted and screamed, pointed, jumped up and down. Pellers shoved his hands in his pocket and shrugged his shoulders.

Even Sergio, 2 days ago that city had to 'adapt' their game. Apparently, Pellers does not agree with the 'best out and out striker in the world'. Sergio might not manage the team but he knows and is prepared to adapt.

Go and watch our 1st 12 games of last season we were just as shocking..
The points total was abt the same but we were far from shocking
You could see we were ready to go on a pretty impressive run, which we did....

Don't agree villa away stands out as an utter shambles of a game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.