QPR vs City: Post match discussion [Merged]

lastmanback said:
cleavers said:
45 years of gloryhunting said:
1st time this season we have been outplayed , QPR deserved a point
This makes no sense, if we were outplayed surely they deserved three points ? We did enough, other teams have been doing this for years.
You mean you've never seen a game where one team dominates and has still been beaten.
Many but that wasn't the point made, and that's why I asked, he/she said we were outplayed, but then that QPR only DESERVED a point, to outplay someone surely they must deserve all three points (whether they get them or not is irrelevant.

Re: QPR vs City: Post match discussion

blink922 said:
Not pretty, but like they say the mark of champions is winning when you don't play well. Great win for us!

AND THE BLUES GO MARCHING ON, AND ON, AND ON AND ON AND ON!

and the blues go MANCINI ON!!

GLORY GLORY...

We learned that on a narrow pitch, that's been excessively watered, playing an opponent who didn't have a mid week game, we have to work a bit harder.

We were slipping all over the place, and it was nigh on impossible to properly weight a pass. Had to rely on hard balls into the box or dribbling it through.

QPR put in a shift, and took advantage of long balls into the box, but we were the class side on the day.

AustinBlue said:
We learned that on a narrow pitch, that's been excessively watered, playing an opponent who didn't have a mid week game, we have to work a bit harder.

We were slipping all over the place, and it was nigh on impossible to properly weight a pass. Had to rely on hard balls into the box or dribbling it through.

QPR put in a shift, and took advantage of long balls into the box, but we were the class side on the day.

yup, exactly this.

Balo slipped a good 4-5 times after the "dive." I still think he simply lost his footing and was booked solely because of rep. If he dove why did he not even bother to appeal to the referee or stay down for any length of time?

I digress. Great games by Milner and Dzeko and thought Lescott was very good in defense.

AJ's work rate and attitude increasingly worries me (this coming from someone who has his name on my shirt, so not having a go). It's like he's incapable of defending.

Huge win. Atkinson was awful as well — ignoring the skewed foul count itself, he must have played "advantage" for them a good 6-7 times for non-fouls. Thought Barton could have seen red also, his tackle was that bad and on replay looks pretty damn deliberate.

andrewmswift said:
Balo slipped a good 4-5 times after the "dive." I still think he simply lost his footing and was booked solely because of rep. If he dove why did he not even bother to appeal to the referee or stay down for any length of time?

I digress. Great games by Milner and Dzeko and thought Lescott was very good in defense.

AJ's work rate and attitude increasingly worries me (this coming from someone who has his name on my shirt, so not having a go). It's like he's incapable of defending.

Huge win. Atkinson was awful as well — ignoring the skewed foul count itself, he must have played "advantage" for them a good 6-7 times for non-fouls. Thought Barton could have seen red also, his tackle was that bad and on replay looks pretty damn deliberate.

balotelli dived mate, i mean really threw himself on the floor.

DTeacher said:
1st time this season we have been outplayed , QPR deserved a point , we were'nt at the races today , but its a sign of a great side when they can play shite and get 3 points. If we play like that against , Newcastle and Napoli we will get turned over.

We were NOT outplayed - they fought like tigers but we always had the better class, even though we were below our usual unassailable standards. ;o)

I think we can rest assured that NO TEAM will turn us over.

i think you will find that munich have already "turned us over" , and if we play like today , in naples , we will get another harsh lesson. We are a very very good side , and every team has there off days , i believe De Jong should be playing against the "scrappers" in the premiership like QPR , we missed his authority in midfield today

Rubbish - we could/should have been two up from penalties before Bayern scored, which would have put a different complexion on the rest of that game and the outcome would therefore have been different. More alert defending from us would probably have prevented at least one of their goals that night and we were not outclassed at all IMHO - simply a bad day, when nothing went right for us on the night.

Regardless, we can agree that we are an excellent side and I believe we are actually getting better overall and becoming much, much stronger as a unit/squad. Yes, we must continue to improve (as Roberto would insist) but I think we already look like the best team in the Premiership at the moment - continue in the same vein and a lot of City fans will be growing deliriously happy as we approach May. A long way yet, I acknowledge.......but the signs are extremely positive!

That was very difficult to watch, to be honest. QPR really brought the game to us and I'm just happy we came away with the 3 points. A couple of other thoughts:

I'm increasingly starting to dislike Johnno's attitude. I don't know if I can point to anything concrete but it's just a feeling that I get that he's kind of an unstabilizing force.

Yaya Toure is a beast. Enough said. Savic didn't have the best game but he really gave it his all -- he's a bit young and I don't doubt he'll be a great defender for us.

Thought the MOTM decision was correct. Dzeko also had a beautiful pass that really should have been an assist I don't really know why Silva decided to go it alone but I don't really like to question the magician. Still, the pass deserved a goal. He might have bagged a few more if the pitch wasn't made out of anal lube.

Balotelli was invisible for the 30 or so minutes that he was on but I don't slate him for that dive. He was trying to score no matter what. As long as diving doesn't become a habit I don't see anything wrong. And if it is a habit he should at least work on making it more believable ;)

had to work so was in a total media blackout all day - was able to watch the match tonight getting through the day unspoiled!

Milner is so important to our team, the lad never stops running.

Even though he didn't score I thought Aguero had his best game in a City shirt tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.