QPR vs City: Post match discussion [Merged]

Blue Elmo said:
Didn't play our best , but still got the 3 points , it is what all top teams do. Even when we aren't at the top of our game , we created a lot of chances and we could have scored more. But I think if Kompany would have been in the back four and helped us out in terms of organisation , it wouldn't have been such a difficult game. But I am delighted that we got the win , we haven't had too many hard fought victories this year , and sometimes they are the sweetest kinds of wins, the victory last night was certainly sweet.
Mancini probably keeps saying to the players that this is going to be a very tough game, and this was a useful reminder that the Premiership can be really difficult.

a 3-2 win at a night game at a confident QPR in a tight little ground where the fans are in your faces was a huge result, and another 3 points.

It's only November, but I bet the Chelsea and Utd players were struck by the way we dug those 3 points out.

balkanno said:
Andouble said:
had to work so was in a total media blackout all day - was able to watch the match tonight getting through the day unspoiled!

Milner is so important to our team, the lad never stops running.

Even though he didn't score I thought Aguero had his best game in a City shirt tonight.

I would realy like to know how did found that out?

Did he had any impact on the game? Aguero ain t aving a positive form check, lost more Balls than Dzeko nd ffs he clearly didn t wanted to pass in two great positions - once on the left nd on right while getting in the box. He has lost form, QPR game showed that in so many ways.

I felt his link-up play with his teammates was better than usual and he was more involved than previous games.

Are we forgetting that he hit the post and also side-netted from a very difficult angle with a snap shot? He was a bit unlucky tonight. Lost form because he hasn't scored in his last 2 starts? Give me a break, though not surprising, it is near impossible to argue with the Bosnian contingent about the strikers at this club.

dzeko was brillant today.probably his best game in city shirt.
Even if kolo was playing we would not have conceded 2 goals.savic was respocible for both goals.he lost so many air battle.so qpr were dominant for first half.
yaya is a monster

Did anyone notice shauny not celebrating their goals.

Nice touch sweep lad. Once a blue...

Yesterday we learned that we are quite simply a rudderless ship without Vinnie at the back. Watching lescott and savic piss about with it passing to each other for a few minutes about 10 mins in or so was embarrassing. No urgency, no drive, no agression, a gaping whole at the back without our 6"4 imposing captain. It was as though we'd had our backbone ripped out. The team looked like one of those roidheads with huge shoulders, massive chest and arms but puny little legs. We looked as though we could have conceded at any minute.

I genuinely think that if Vinnie had played we'd have won by 3 or 4 yesteday. They came at us and instead of having Vinnie repelling everything in the air, nipping in and pinching the ball off their strikers on the deck and driving the team forward with quick decisive passes from the back, we looked feeble and shaky. Without a solid partnership at the back we didn't have enough for the midfielders to build on and dictate the game

Diamond of a goal from Dave who didn't have his greatest of games, nice from Dzeko as well considering he was having a stinker up to that point, and cometh the hour, cometh the Yaya. Wins yet another game for us. Along with Vinnie and Dave, Yaya is by far one of our most important players. Aguero unlucky not to score and clearly hasn't fully settled into the prem yet but once again looked very dangerous

anyone think that if de jong was in last night, may have sured up the defense especially with savic making his PL debut?

cibaman said:
TheAussie said:
I cant see how a few of you thought that Aguerro had "One of his best match in a City jersey".... He may of looked scary at times when he got the ball, but i wouldn't go anywhere near saying he was as brilliant as he usually is....

Aguero looks like a F1 car that's not quite firing on all cylinders.

Still running in....then wait for launch.. :)

Hi,

Im a QPR fan and just wanted to say i'm a bit gutted we ended up losing to you guys yesterday. Its was the best weve played all season and we got our tactics right by getting in your faces and made it hard for you. Having said that you scored 3 top quality goals and it was always gonna be hard for us to contain all your quality but i'm proud of the way we gave it a go right to the end. In Silva you have probably the best player in the world at the moment along with Messi.

I'm glad a lot of you praised our performance so thanks for that. Though some of you said youve seen us a few times this season and weve been gash. True in a few games but we played well in our 3-0 away win against Wolves and also against Newcastle and Villa too. A few of you mentioned that we played like it was our cup final yesterday. This is also true in part but the main truth of yesterday was that we switched to a formation that suits our team 4-4-2. Whereas all season weve been playing a formation to pamper Taarabt who has been pony all season and giving the ball away softly and putting us under pressure. Yesterday we played as a team and gave u guys a really good game but like i said earlier how do contain a team like City with all the amazing players you have.

I've loved watching City this season youve played some amazing stuff and really hope you go on to win the title and stuff it up that red nose c**t Ferguson. Laughed my t!ts off when you hammered them 6-1 the other week.

Best of luck for the title and please go steady on us at your gaff in the return game ;-b

MopQPR said:
Hi,

Im a QPR fan and just wanted to say i'm a bit gutted we ended up losing to you guys yesterday. Its was the best weve played all season and we got our tactics right by getting in your faces and made it hard for you. Having said that you scored 3 top quality goals and it was always gonna be hard for us to contain all your quality but i'm proud of the way we gave it a go right to the end. In Silva you have probably the best player in the world at the moment along with Messi.

I'm glad a lot of you praised our performance so thanks for that. Though some of you said youve seen us a few times this season and weve been gash. True in a few games but we played well in our 3-0 away win against Wolves and also against Newcastle and Villa too. A few of you mentioned that we played like it was our cup final yesterday. This is also true in part but the main truth of yesterday was that we switched to a formation that suits our team 4-4-2. Whereas all season weve been playing a formation to pamper Taarabt who has been pony all season and giving the ball away softly and putting us under pressure. Yesterday we played as a team and gave u guys a really good game but like i said earlier how do contain a team like City with all the amazing players you have.

I've loved watching City this season youve played some amazing stuff and really hope you go on to win the title and stuff it up that red nose c**t Ferguson. Laughed my t!ts off when you hammered them 6-1 the other week.

Best of luck for the title and please go steady on us at your gaff in the return game ;-b
Cheers pal.

After all the drama at the start of the season, you've got a top chairman/owner there now and have made a few quality signings and once they properly gel, you'll have a team capable of pushing for a European spot soon enough, you just need to stay up this season, it's always the toughest hurdle.

Warnock has surprised me (and a few others) in that he's dropped his long ball ethos and looks to play football as it should be, on the floor with 100% commitment from the players.

The game yesterday shows how far our side has come, we were second best for lots of the game, but we held out and literally just managed to score that extra goal, something we maybe lacked at times last season in games like this.

It's gonna be difficult, but if Warnock can get the players to play with that belief, desire and passion when playing the sides around you, you'll do well this season.

Best of look, and cheers for beating Chelsea :-P

Bluemoon115 said:
MopQPR said:
Hi,

Cheers pal.

After all the drama at the start of the season, you've got a top chairman/owner there now and have made a few quality signings and once they properly gel, you'll have a team capable of pushing for a European spot soon enough, you just need to stay up this season, it's always the toughest hurdle.

Warnock has surprised me (and a few others) in that he's dropped his long ball ethos and looks to play football as it should be, on the floor with 100% commitment from the players.

The game yesterday shows how far our side has come, we were second best for lots of the game, but we held out and literally just managed to score that extra goal, something we maybe lacked at times last season in games like this.

It's gonna be difficult, but if Warnock can get the players to play with that belief, desire and passion when playing the sides around you, you'll do well this season.

Best of look, and cheers for beating Chelsea :-P

Cheers mate,

Yeah glad we did you a favour by beating Chelscum. That was our cup final. We hate them like you hate ManUre. True they played us off the park with 9 men but we didnt really care as long as we beat them. At least against you guys we got back to playing football again and yesterdays game was an absolute cracker.

In reality even if we bring in more faces in January our priority is still to beat the drop and realistically 17th place is our aim but we're just glad to be back playing great teams like City again.

Good luck for the champions league and stuff ManUre again when u play em at home. To be honest i can't see anyone touching you this season youve got so much quality throughout your team and squad. You lot are true football fans not like the hangers on at old crapford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.