QPR Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
Tevez doesn't have a league goal in open play since November 17th (the Villa rout) now. Aguero and Dzeko both three games without a goal now too.
Goals can come from elsewhere too but crux of it is we need this to improve.

NoahCity said:
All this talk about wingers, but I have been wondering, who exactly do we have in mind? There really aren't many out there that we could realistically get atm.

This is what I keep thinking. Name a winger that's good enough to make the difference.

Re: QPR post match thread

gocity said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
wtf. Milner clealry isnt crap, is this your first game :D ???
agreed. I wasn't convinced he was in Mancini's plans back around October, but happy I am wrong, Milner has had loads of good games since I doubted him.
He had a poor one Saturday and do not mention his performance in the league cup againsi Villa
That's 2 games, his good far outweighs his bad over the past few months.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Pam said:
NoahCity said:
All this talk about wingers, but I have been wondering, who exactly do we have in mind? There really aren't many out there that we could realistically get atm.

This is what I keep thinking. Name a winger that's good enough to make the difference.
Bale
realistic!

greasedupdeafguy said:
Yaya_Tony said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Obviously you have to give some credit to QPR but you have to question why we constantly drop points to teams who always park the bus even though we have so much attacking talent at our disposal.
This from the guy who says it isn't the strikers who aren't performing? Priceless mate, ycnmiu.
So you think it is all down to our strikers for why we are dropping points against the likes of Sunderland, West ham etc, you think it has nothing to do with the lack of width, speed of buildup, and so on priceless.
Lack of width? OK, But our buildup with this team isn't about "speed", and the strikers have had enough to feed off, which is why my favourite phrase watching us at the moment is "FOR FUCKS SAKE, YOU SHOULD HAVE BURIED THAT", we just aren't finishing effectively.

Yaya_Tony said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Yaya_Tony said:
This from the guy who says it isn't the strikers who aren't performing? Priceless mate, ycnmiu.
So you think it is all down to our strikers for why we are dropping points against the likes of Sunderland, West ham etc, you think it has nothing to do with the lack of width, speed of buildup, and so on priceless.
Lack of width? OK, But our buildup with this team isn't about "speed", and the strikers have had enough to feed off, which is why my favourite phrase watching us at the moment is "FOR FUCKS SAKE, YOU SHOULD HAVE BURIED THAT", we just aren't finishing effectively.
So what clear cut chances did Tevez and Aguero have today?

greasedupdeafguy said:
Yaya_Tony said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
So what clear cut chances did Tevez and Aguero have today?
Second half, Tevez on the penalty spot blasted the ball way over the bar from Milner's (I think) cut back

greasedupdeafguy said:
Yaya_Tony said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
The lack of a deep lying playmaker and a winger is the fucking problem. Cant think off to many chances the strikers had.
Winger, might tentatively agree, but someone posted a 1 goal in 37 chances stat before, in addition to our clean sheet record it suggests the strikers aren't doing their job effectively. We've had chances to finish off teams but we aren't taking them. That's why we didn't score tonight.
What good clear cut opportunities did Tevez and Aguero have tonight? They can be wasteful especailly Tevez but imo its unfair to but all the blame on the strikers when you can clearly see there are other major deficiencies in the team.
I'm not heaping it all on the strikers. The team needs to improve as a whole (this should go without saying when discussing a team game, anyway..) Strikers are there to score, and ours have not been. They need to start scoring, whether it comes from the wings or midfield build up play, they need to start scoring more goals.
Sounds simple, but like QPR, it won't be easy. Teams make it difficult for us. My view of it is we are doing well (as shown by clean sheets and possession percentages), but just not finishing. That is the strikers job.

blue for life said:
bluemc1 said:
its very fine margins and we missed out tonight, yes we could still do it but i personally didnt think we would win the league before tonight so In my opinion its gone, not getting down on us or slagging us we cant win it every year, still got home draw in cup and chance of 2 great days to wembley so cheer up everyone

Agreed - some seasons we will fall short but we are gifting them the league when they are no great shakes.

yeah your right and its very frustrating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.