Queen Elizabeth II

Potentially two I’d imagine? One for the funeral, one for the coronation. Either falling on a weekend might scupper that though.

From what I’ve read it is more likely to be classed as a “day of mourning” and not officially a bank holiday. Not sure what practical differences that makes. Probably means those that have to work won’t need to be paid at enhanced rates.

I agree that those choice of words are overly dramatic,but I don't disagree with the thinking.

The world is a mess,it's unpredictable,it's selfish and its not a great time to exist....the Queen was a constant,a leader and,to many,a reassurance.

We now face an unknown,in various respects....and the timing couldn't be worse.

She was absolutely a constant in many peoples lives but so many here are overplaying her role and it’s getting a bit silly tbh. This isn’t the 1300’s where losing a king/queen really did affect peoples lives. Life goes on and our lives will not change at all regardless of who is sat on the throne.

By all means pay the woman the respect she has earned through a lifetime of service but let’s not act like life as we know it will change as it just won’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.