Queen Elizabeth II

I must say I'm disappointed by the pathetic fawning comments in here. Of course it's sad when anyone dies but 'the glue that held us together'? Get a grip and pull yourselves together FFS.
I agree that those choice of words are overly dramatic,but I don't disagree with the thinking.

The world is a mess,it's unpredictable,it's selfish and its not a great time to exist....the Queen was a constant,a leader and,to many,a reassurance.

We now face an unknown,in various respects....and the timing couldn't be worse.

People are losing their fucking minds, I swear.

Maybe some really do need a couple of weeks of mourning before they get their heads screwed back on.

The same thing happened in 1997 with Princess Diana and I mean no disrespect but that lady had her life cut short (and had been badly treated - not least by the BBC). The Queen's passing although sad, was not that unexpected.

Just listening to Sky News, a beautiful testimonial about the new King from Lord such and such.
I never realised that King Charles 3 was such a brilliant man.
I have always thought he was a philandering nincompoop , how wrong could I be
Take him a big bag of cash & you might be supprised what a good chap he really is :-)

She promised to do her best for the people and this Country when made Queen @26 and she has fulfilled her promise right till the end and deserves all our respect for carrying out her duties. Most people in this country would not have done any better.RIP
Actually, her commitment to service on her 21st birthday (not expecting to be monarch only 5 years later) did have a bit about "how about you too?" Not quite "Ask not what your country can do for you..." but:

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.

"But I shall not have strength to carry out this resolution alone unless you join in it with me, as I now invite you to do: I know that your support will be unfailingly given. God help me to make good my vow, and God bless all of you who are willing to share in it."

Last edited:
I really fear for the country, now she’s gone.

We are utterly divided as a nation. To most of us, she was the glue that was still holding us together.

Sadly, very few of us share her sense of duty.

i‘ve always been an optimist and generally a very positive person, and I think we’re fucked as a nation.
Our nation isn’t as divided as people make out. It’s just that the lunatics at either end of the political spectrum have got a bigger voice than ever before, online, and can band together to make it seem like they’re taking over. Also News outlets of any kind have got into this bad habit of spouting polarised opinions and trying to wind people up (ignore the News everyone, channels, papers, online, radio, social media… they are purposely doing what they do to get you riled… don’t fall for it!).

However, in the real world, nothing is ever really any different to what it ever has been. You speak to people day-to-day at work, in the pub, when you visit family and friends, and the vast majority of people are the same as they ever were and society is the same as it ever was.

Don’t let the big-gobbed cunts on the left and the big-gobbed cunts on the right ruin our great nation. We are a stoic, thick skinned, laidback, tolerant, accepting and diverse country, arguably the most in all cases in the world, and we shouldn’t let the fringes of idiots drag us into not being those things.

Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free!

Our nation isn’t as divided as people make out. It’s just that the lunatics at either end of the political spectrum have got a bigger voice than ever before, online, and can band together to make it seem like they’re taking over. Also News outlets of any kind have got into this bad habit of spouting polarised opinions and trying to wind people up.

However, in the real world, nothing is ever really any different to what it ever has been. You speak to people day-to-day at work, in the pub, when you visit family and friends, and the vast majority of people are the same as they ever were and society is the same as it ever was.

Don’t let the big-gobbed cunts on the left and the big-gobbed cunts on the right ruin our great nation. We are a stoic, thick skinned, laidback, tolerant, accepting and diverse country, arguably the most in all cases in the world, and we shouldn’t let the fringes of idiots drag us into not being those things.

Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free!

Great post blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.