Queen Elizabeth II

Hope this helps. Looks like funeral on Saturday 17th * or Monday 19th (* still want a bank holiday)

"D-Day" (today) - The formal announcement of the death of the Queen was made yesterday evening. – Church bells may be rung (muffled where possible) or tolled at the discretion of local Parochial Church Councils for one hour at noon. Flags to be flown at half-mast and to remain at this height until the day after the funeral.

D+1 (tomorrow) - 11.00 – Proclamation of new Monarch at the appropriate Royal Palace, followed by further proclamation at noon in London. –
11.00 – Flags to be raised to full height until 13.00 on D+2 (seems odd)

D+2 (Sunday) - Noon – Proclamation of new monarch in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. –
13.00 – Flags to be lowered to half mast, and to remain at this height until the day after the State Funeral. –
14.00 – Proclamation of new monarch at County/Unitary Authority level. –
16.00 onwards – Proclamation of new monarch at parish level.

D+5 (Wed) - Lying-in-state at Westminster Hall.

D+10 (although this may be sooner) (or later if D+10 is a Sunday) * Funeral takes place at Westminster Abbey. - Time tbc – National two minutes’ silence

* That would be Monday 19th; sooner possible but I think unlikely.

I get she's died and it is a great loss, but do we really need wall to wall 24 hour coverage on every channel. How much more can you speak of one person. Netflix for me for the next 9 days days.

I get she's died and it is a great loss, but do we really need wall to wall 24 hour coverage on every channel. How much more can you speak of one person. Netflix for me for the next 9 days days.

You'd think it would start to scale back a bit over the next week or so. Then ramp up before the funeral.

I agree that those choice of words are overly dramatic,but I don't disagree with the thinking.

The world is a mess,it's unpredictable,it's selfish and its not a great time to exist....the Queen was a constant,a leader and,to many,a reassurance.

We now face an unknown,in various respects....and the timing couldn't be worse.
To be fair all this shit hit the fan on her watch, she didn't do much to stop it, did she?

Our nation isn’t as divided as people make out. It’s just that the lunatics at either end of the political spectrum have got a bigger voice than ever before, online, and can band together to make it seem like they’re taking over. Also News outlets of any kind have got into this bad habit of spouting polarised opinions and trying to wind people up (ignore the News everyone, channels, papers, online, radio, social media… they are purposely doing what they do to get you riled… don’t fall for it!).

However, in the real world, nothing is ever really any different to what it ever has been. You speak to people day-to-day at work, in the pub, when you visit family and friends, and the vast majority of people are the same as they ever were and society is the same as it ever was.

Don’t let the big-gobbed cunts on the left and the big-gobbed cunts on the right ruin our great nation. We are a stoic, thick skinned, laidback, tolerant, accepting and diverse country, arguably the most in all cases in the world, and we shouldn’t let the fringes of idiots drag us into not being those things.

Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free!
Well, that was designed to unify.

I really fear for the country, now she’s gone.

We are utterly divided as a nation. To most of us, she was the glue that was still holding us together.

Sadly, very few of us share her sense of duty.

i‘ve always been an optimist and generally a very positive person, and I think we’re fucked as a nation.

With or without her I fear for the country.

As a country we have been dragged into the possibility of total financial collapse Caused by the government miss-management of Covid and Brexit on the Economy. The government acted too slowly and threw money around to their friends and none friends alike.

The loss of the Queen, in my opinion, will I believe have little effect compared to the effects resulting from the mostly self-inflicted financial black abyss we are just beginning to realise we are in.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.