Queen Elizabeth II

Yeah there's nothing I'd prefer more than to be watching Homes Under The Hammer right now.....

For gods sake many people are feeling a loss, look at the hundreds of thousands at Buckingham Palace. You might not be feeling a loss but it's not all about you. The media and the institutions we depend upon are all underpinned by the Queen and now she has died.

Some people have given their lives defending the country, swearing an allegiance to the Queen and what that stands for. Just a tiny bit of respect for a short period is all that's required and then we can go back to watching Jeremy Kyle or whatever shite is seemingly more important.

It doesn’t matter how deeply you’re mourning, you can only watch one TV Channel at a time.

‘Glue that holds us together’ was probably a bit OTT, but she was definitely a stabilising and unifying force for many - and she has gone at a time when we are increasingly fracturing as a society.

I think we are fucked as a nation for a number of reasons and I believe and her passing will accelerate that - and prove to be a pivotal staging post in our decline.

Hope I’m wrong.

The Queen is a bit like Bacon Face at the rags. Was there too long.
Now of course it is a job for life and don't for one minute suggest she should have passed away sooner.... but she was the Monarch for so long (70 years) that in reality no one under the age of say 76 remembers the Queen's father being on the thrown.
Like rags not knowing life pre Fergie, we have seen the hand post Fergie has dealt the rags... and the nation is a little bit scared of what the future holds for us all post Elizabeth
She was there for life, she wasnt there too long and i find your referencing him inappropriate, she was still riding her horse in may and doing her duties on tuesday

‘Glue that holds us together’ was probably a bit OTT, but she was definitely a stabilising and unifying force for many - and she has gone at a time when we are increasingly fracturing as a society.

I think we are fucked as a nation for a number of reasons and I believe and her passing will accelerate that - and prove to be a pivotal staging post in our decline.

Hope I’m wrong.
As usual....right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.