Queen Elizabeth II

We never knew the queens opinion on anything but we know all about the kings , how he governs now will be interesting , will he stop giving his opinions now , does he have to ?

Cant stand her or him so not that bothered really , just wondering , hope william gets in in my lifetime
Indeed, quite the conundrum for the gammon boomers.

My question is getting answered on itv, they are looking at his opinions and what he will do

Forgot he used his severance pay to start the princes trust

The problem is that, after a respectful period, the politicans will start trying to exploit the vacuum. We have now got another 12 months leading up to the Coronation. They will use this period, like Covid, like Brexit, to deflect attention away from our totally broken political system. It will be another opportunity for people to wallow in nostalgia and past glories which, to be fair, so many of us love to do.
This should be an opportunity to totally change the political structure of the country, slim down the monarchy, get rid of all the unelected hangers-on in government, introduce a fair voting system, and start to modernise the country so we can compete properly with the rest of the world. Perhaps Charles and William themselves can be a force for change. As you say we can't go on like this, just living in the past.
What vaccuum?

The Queen is dead, long live the King.

We don't have to wait for party members to vote.

Just had a woman on the radio who must've read your post last night cos she said exactly the same thing (glue)
She then went on to tell us that Queenie was everybodys ''Mother''. Well no she fucking wasn't. My mother died 3 months ago.
Let’s be honest here.
Whilst some opinions are no doubt genuine you’ll get all walks of life using this to try and further their own standing or by desperately trying to say something different.
I agree that’s a pathetic statement to imply she speaks for us all.

Well fuck me. Boris Johnson being the antithises of his usual self. What a brilliant speech delivered properly
Very frankly he confessed his treasons,
Implor'd your Highness' pardon, and set forth
A deep repentance. Nothing in his career
Became him like the leaving it.

Not in the slightest a fan of the royal family but the Queen served the country with great dignity, as for the rest of them I’ve no interest , every time I hear King Charles I automatically say spaniel . On the plus side I’ve been privy to the thoughts of Alan Titchmarsh and the chairwomen of the Sandringham
W I this morning on the radio, which was nice .

"Seyton
The Queen, my lord, is dead.

Macbeth
She should have died hereafter.
There would have been a time for such a word.
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

Love it.

RIP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.