Queen Elizabeth II

They are both just using one for it and have been all day?

It's more they're cancelling all the shows people watch. Like the football, in times of stress and upset people want something to take their minds off it, not have stuff that does that denied them.

It's more they're cancelling all the shows people watch. Like the football, in times of stress and upset people want something to take their minds off it, not have stuff that does that denied them.

Right but that’s a different point and nothing to do with the tv companies, that’s an independent decision by the fa and the premier league. Personally I’d have gone ahead with that.

The main channels were always going to be wall to wall coverage, particularly up to now. It’s a seismic event, I had a meeting this afternoon with people in Chicago and even they were still watching the coverage.

I’m no monarchist myself, so have largely stayed out of this thread out of courtesy for those who are.
Same, I moved it because it became very tedious reading it, as I said earlier, if you have nothing useful to say, then say nothing, saying nothing is actually the easiest thing of all.

I'm not "mourning", I'm not even watching the coverage any more, but just have some respect, for a nice lady who died, whatever you think of monarchy.

Can’t believe they’re making a man Queen.

This woke nonsense has got to stop.

FcMA-KhaQAEdvZg

Kenyan TV, apparently.

Right but that’s a different point and nothing to do with the tv companies, that’s an independent decision by the fa and the premier league. Personally I’d have gone ahead with that.

The main channels were always going to be wall to wall coverage, particularly up to now. It’s a seismic event, I had a meeting this afternoon with people in Chicago and even they were still watching the coverage.

It's not just the football. For a lot of people it's simple familiar TV programmes they watch and love. They can do wall to wall coverage of the death and the aftermath but still show the other programmes on their other channels. A lot of people don't want more misery piled on top of a few years of misery. Some love to watch such stuff 24/7 others don't.

It's not just the football. For a lot of people it's simple familiar TV programmes they watch and love. They can do wall to wall coverage of the death and the aftermath but still show the other programmes on their other channels. A lot of people don't want more misery piled on top of a few years of misery. Some love to watch such stuff 24/7 others don't.
I’m a bit in between here.

The Queen’s death is an historic event. 100%.

We live in an age where we can find something to watch at any time, whatever you fancy.

That doesn’t stop “traditionalists” still flicking between the old school channels.

People under 25 won’t be effected much by the schedule changes as they’ve grown up with the routine of IPlayer/catch up etc and just pick and choose.

25+ will be hybrids of differing degrees, depending on how they’ve embraced the new way of watching tv.

I’m a bit in between here.

The Queen’s death is an historic event. 100%.

We live in an age where we can find something to watch at any time, whatever you fancy.

That doesn’t stop “traditionalists” still flicking between the old school channels.

People under 25 won’t be effected much by the schedule changes as they’ve grown up with the routine of IPlayer/catch up etc and just pick and choose.

25+ will be hybrids of differing degrees, depending on how they’ve embraced the new way of watching tv.

Absolutely, one of the, if not, the longest serving monarchs in history. As a kid I remember JFK being shot and that appeared more seismic, probably because it was unexpected.

Not everyone can. There are lots of older people who don't have the internet, catch up TV, Netflix etcetera but yes all TVs come with Freeview built in so plenty of choice, albeit predominantly repeats of old shows.

People under 35 never mind 25 will probably be out pubbing, clubbing and shagging anyway not watching TV.

Absolutely, one of the, if not, the longest serving monarchs in history. As a kid I remember JFK being shot and that appeared more seismic, probably because it was unexpected.

Not everyone can. There are lots of older people who don't have the internet, catch up TV, Netflix etcetera but yes all TVs come with Freeview built in so plenty of choice, albeit predominantly repeats of old shows.

People under 35 never mind 25 will probably be out pubbing, clubbing and shagging anyway not watching TV.
We’re an eclectic bunch in the U.K.

Cantankerous too.

It’s a fun mix at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.