Queen Elizabeth II

Some comments on here and in other threads on here are mind boggling. I’m no royalist, far from it, I do however have respect for the queen and how she went about her business. Plenty will have cheered at the bank holidays this year in honor of her Platinum and yet she passes and a game or two gets cancelled to uphold her honour, before her funeral and it’s all wrong.

Just watched the programme on bbc one about the Queen that was just on. It was very moving.

I’ve been surprised by how upset and emotional I’ve become about this. I mentioned previously I lost my grandma 2 months ago who was 94 so this has really brought those feelings back. Feels like we’ve lost something very important.

I can genuinely see people looking very upset/ in a state of shock just walking to the shops

I was driving home listening to Andrew Marr on LBC and his voice broke when delivering the news, it’s an incredibly emotive listen to anyone that hasn’t heard it.

Saw an interview today with him and he said it brought back memories of his dad dying. Think there’ll be a lot of people thinking the same thing. It brings back memories of that generation for everyone.

Just watched the programme on bbc one about the Queen that was just on. It was very moving.

I’ve been surprised by how upset and emotional I’ve become about this. I mentioned previously I lost my grandma 2 months ago who was 94 so this has really brought those feelings back. Feels like we’ve lost something very important.

I can genuinely see people looking very upset/ in a state of shock just walking to the shops
I’m sorry for your loss, no more to say.

Tidied up the last few pages as best we can, but feels like we’re pissing in the wind a bit.

I’m no monarchist myself, so have largely stayed out of this thread out of courtesy for those who are.

For the sake of balance though, this should work both ways. Royalists should understand that there won’t be deference in other threads, such as those about the postponement of games.

If you want to discuss the Royal Family generally then you can do so here:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.