Queen Elizabeth II

Watching Netflix but we’ll have this till after the funeral and beyond till even the most ardent royalist are fed up

She has been the queen and a presence for 70 years, what's 10-15 days of looking back at it all and dealing with what is a pretty significant change.

We've had days of constant coverage of far more trivial things, and will do again.

It's more they're cancelling all the shows people watch. Like the football, in times of stress and upset people want something to take their minds off it, not have stuff that does that denied them.

Many families when they lose a loved one, will naturally see their daily routines disrupted, including tv shows and sports. The country lost someone that was a big part of it for a long time, and largely loved/liked. I don't see the issue in a similar disruption on a larger nationwide scale.

Some of the coverage is certainly nauseating, although it’s incredibly difficult to get the tone right without it being a bit schmaltzy tbf.

Whether people like the institution or not (and I’m ambivalent about it) the majority of people in this country are Royalists and the output of the MSM reflects that. Plus, this is history we are living through. This woman lived through, and presided over a period of mind-blowing change, technologically and societally.

As much as it is possible for the death of an individual to be so, it truly marks the end of an era. She has had more impact on humanity than almost any other person. The global reaction to her death wholly supports that assertion.

Her passing deserves to be extensively chronicled. If people don’t want to watch that output, they don’t have to. It’s not like it’s 1926, when there was only one channel.

Some of the coverage is certainly nauseating, although it’s incredibly difficult to get the tone right without it being a bit schmaltzy tbf.

Whether people like the institution or not (and I’m ambivalent about it) the majority of people in this country are Royalists and the output of the MSM reflects that. Plus, this is history we are living through. This woman lived through, and presided over a period of mind-blowing change, technologically and societally.

As much as it is possible for the death of an individual to be so, it truly marks the end of an era. She has had more impact on humanity than almost any other person. The global reaction to her death wholly supports that assertion.

Her passing deserves to be extensively chronicled. If people don’t want to watch it, they don’t have to.

What has she done personally that has had an impact on your life.

What has she done personally that has had an impact on your life.
She has been a constant presence throughout my life. I remember her coming to Stockport for her Silver Jubilee; I remember anticipating her TV speech after Diana had died; I remember her Olympics skit.

Our lives, looking back, are defined by moments we remember. Events that, for one reason or another, stick out, and mark the path we have trodden. In the final analysis, it’s all any of us have, before we shuffle off and become long forgotten.

She has been an enduring presence my entire life and was also someone I greatly admired and respected. I think that denotes something that has impacted on my life, as much as watching footballers I’ve never met play in sky blue does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.