Queen Elizabeth II

I live in Ramsbottom, which is a relatively traditional area. Tory MP. Went heavy on the jubilee etc. I was expecting there, if anywhere, would feel sombre and show signs of real grieving. Literally nothing has changed. Everyone acting normal. No bunting, no pics of the queen. Shops open. Staff, old and young, wittering away as friendly as ever, acting normal. The country absolutely isn't in mourning. Some are, Im sure, but for the vast majority life is identical. Not spoke to a single person yet who's brought it up in conversation since Thursday. In truth, the press is acting how they feel they're expected to act and projecting that onto the wider public, when in truth they're expressing the feelings of the vast minority.
I’ve read some crap on here these last few days, but this is up there with the best. You’ve obviously not been out of the house and since last Wednesday.

I know this is going to upset people, so I'd rather those people ignore this post (should be easy then!).

I think she was a somewhat decent person with flaws, torn between family and duty with no say in what happens in politics, but there ARE people that feel like Trevor Sinclair.

You have been warned...

I’ve read some crap on here these last few days, but this is up there with the best. You’ve obviously not been out of the house and since last Wednesday.
I have to say that none of my family and friends give two hoots ? But as I volunteer with ex-militarily I refrain from stating my humble opinion through respect to those that do actually do care.

He's grounded. No watchalong for obvious reasons and he can't even play Fifa Ultimate Team with his mates, because his mum has confiscated his controller. :)

I know this is going to upset people, so I'd rather those people ignore this post (should be easy then!).

I think she was a somewhat decent person with flaws, torn between family and duty with no say in what happens in politics, but there ARE people that feel like Trevor Sinclair.

You have been warned...

Any option to get captions for the Pidgin?

I have to say that none of my family and friends give two hoots ? But as I volunteer with ex-militarily I refrain from stating my humble opinion through respect to those that do actually do care.
Sir you are indeed a gentleman.
I too refrain from saying how I feel to people I know who love the monarchy. But on here we are all just names, anonymous people. Therefore I can say or state my views (with a modicum of respect of course).
And that is I object to be a "subject" of this awful family who live in unbound luxury. I object, I will never bow to them, I regard myself as a better person as most of them and their dodgy dealings.
I had respect for the Queen, but now she is gone I see no purpose for any of them.

Any option to get captions for the Pidgin?
I struggled with that too. :)

But my overriding thought was, why do they make these videos. Social media is pathetic. The video doesn't upset me in any way but I don't see the reason for it. I already know not everybody mourns the Queen, not everybody loves the Royals. It's basically the root of social media again, egotism. People with massive ego's saying " look at me and my opinion"
Facebook is a prime example of this, I glance at it most days and guess what, its the same 10 or so people posting pictures of their lunch or their dog etc, or some other nonsensical shit that doesn't require being mentioned, in other words their ego and narcissistic tendencies won't let them not post shit , the more likes, the better they sleep at night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.