Queen Elizabeth II

Far less than half.

I don’t believe that to be true. Lots of people give a shit. You don’t have to get the bunting out and cry to give a shit.

I’m not a royalist in any way shape or form but but just from a small sample of my daily life - work, family, friends, kids football teams - all have pretty much gave a shit in the form of watching the news, reading about it or talking about it.

I don’t believe that to be true. Lots of people give a shit. You don’t have to get the bunting out and cry to give a shit.

I’m not a royalist in any way shape or form but but just from a small sample of my daily life - work, family, friends, kids football teams - all have pretty much gave a shit in the form of watching the news, reading about it or talking about it.
Lots but not most. Guess I move in different circles than you.

I know this is going to upset people, so I'd rather those people ignore this post (should be easy then!).

I think she was a somewhat decent person with flaws, torn between family and duty with no say in what happens in politics, but there ARE people that feel like Trevor Sinclair.

You have been warned...

Some random black idiot cherry picking responses from random idiotic white people, this shows just how much of a stain that social media is.

The wankstain at 4 minutes has even got a cross around his neck and he mentions sycophancy.

I know this is going to upset people, so I'd rather those people ignore this post (should be easy then!).

I think she was a somewhat decent person with flaws, torn between family and duty with no say in what happens in politics, but there ARE people that feel like Trevor Sinclair.

You have been warned...

Mmm some food for thought. The frailty of human consciousness is laid bare on social media. So many angles, so many people with vested interests, so many nut jobs.

Watch or don’t watch. Grieve or don’t grieve.
Very simple choices. The media machine in all
It’s glory. If you don’t tow the line you will not survive in this industry nor indeed be welcome. That line is particularly important. Mcfc as a club can attest to such shenanigans.

We all know the world has/is entering a shit period.
We all know that politicians are useless cunts.
We all know the deflection techniques used by those in control to control.
We all watch to a certain extent but do nothing to change the landscape.

I took in a Brian cox show recently and the fragility of our world is mirrored in our society. We all plod along trying our best. The queen tried her best and I can respect her life. Everything else that accompanies such a spectacle is not of any real significance.

The human mind will continue to distort reality using social media. The fighting and deep routed views will be upheld by all sides.

All aboard captain….

Sir you are indeed a gentleman.
I too refrain from saying how I feel to people I know who love the monarchy. But on here we are all just names, anonymous people. Therefore I can say or state my views (with a modicum of respect of course).
And that is I object to be a "subject" of this awful family who live in unbound luxury. I object, I will never bow to them, I regard myself as a better person as most of them and their dodgy dealings.
I had respect for the Queen, but now she is gone I see no purpose for any of them.
Ok I'll go with what you say totally but I'm not a sir I'm a lady. I feel like alot of people are actually worried about what they say on this subject? But I really feel the same way as you and well done for just saying it?

I’ve read some crap on here these last few days, but this is up there with the best. You’ve obviously not been out of the house and since last Wednesday.
I agreed with his post in many ways. I went out with some friends last night and didn't observe anything other than a normal Saturday night out. There were no tears, everyone was in a good mood, laughing and joking as normal, and between the four of us, the Queens death was never mentioned. Not once.

I went out for a ride today, stopped at a cafe, then went home via the supermarket, and life appeared the same as usual.

I personally don't feel that affected by her passing. I've watched some of the coverage on TV but it's more of an interest in the constitutional traditions associated with the change of monarch than anything else.

I've lost close family members over the years. I'm as sorry as I always am when I hear someone has died, but learning the Queen had died pales into insignificance when I recall the affect the loss of those I truly loved had on me.

Last edited:
I agreed with his post in many ways. I went out with some friends last night and didn't observe anything other than a normal Saturday night out. There were no tears, everyone was in a good mood, laughing and joking as normal, and between the four of us, the Queens death was never mentioned. Not once.

I went out for a ride today, stopped at a cafe, then went home via the supermarket, and life appeared the same as usual.

I personally don't feel that affected by her passing. I've watched some of the coverage on TV but it's more of an interest in the constitutional traditions associated with the change of monarch than anything else.

I've lost close family members over the years. I'm as sorry as I always am when I hear someone has died, but learning the Queen had died pales into insignificance when I recall the affect the loss of those I truly loved had on me.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I've lost 2 brothers in the last 13 months. A 96 year old woman who I didn't know pales into insignificance.
The tv here in Oz is plastered with all this Royal stuff (some normal shows cancelled) but generally people are not talking about it. So same as you really.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I've lost 2 brothers in the last 13 months. A 96 year old woman who I didn't know pales into insignificance.
The tv here in Oz is plastered with all this Royal stuff (some normal shows cancelled) but generally people are not talking about it. So same as you really.

Same here in NZ, regarding the main broadcaster being wall-to-wall coverage of it. The only topic of discussion in the public is if we're getting a public holiday for the funeral, and what happens with the Queen's Birthday public holiday.

I think you'd need to provide specific examples to gauge the levels of shit being given.

I could watch a football game that doesn't involve City with my mates and talk about it after. Doesn't mean any one of us gives a shit about it.

Same here in NZ, regarding the main broadcaster being wall-to-wall coverage of it. The only topic of discussion in the public is if we're getting a public holiday for the funeral, and what happens with the Queen's Birthday public holiday.
I was pretty upset at one of my favorite programs being cancelled, Antiques roadshow on Sunday. :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.