Queen Elizabeth II

I have to say that none of my family and friends give two hoots ? But as I volunteer with ex-militarily I refrain from stating my humble opinion through respect to those that do actually do care.
I’ve not spoken to anyone who is grieving. Spent Saturday with my son and family. Queen not mentioned. My son’s primary concern is the postponement of footy.

Some random black idiot cherry picking responses from random idiotic white people, this shows just how much of a stain that social media is.

The wankstain at 4 minutes has even got a cross around his neck and he mentions sycophancy.

Interesting response.

If it's okay for people to film their grief and great opinion for all to see, why is it not okay for people to show the opposite?

Mmm some food for thought. The frailty of human consciousness is laid bare on social media. So many angles, so many people with vested interests, so many nut jobs.

Watch or don’t watch. Grieve or don’t grieve.
Very simple choices. The media machine in all
It’s glory. If you don’t tow the line you will not survive in this industry nor indeed be welcome. That line is particularly important. Mcfc as a club can attest to such shenanigans.

We all know the world has/is entering a shit period.
We all know that politicians are useless cunts.
We all know the deflection techniques used by those in control to control.
We all watch to a certain extent but do nothing to change the landscape.

I took in a Brian cox show recently and the fragility of our world is mirrored in our society. We all plod along trying our best. The queen tried her best and I can respect her life. Everything else that accompanies such a spectacle is not of any real significance.

The human mind will continue to distort reality using social media. The fighting and deep routed views will be upheld by all sides.

All aboard captain….

Honestly, this is such an excellent response.

One full of absolute truth.

This line "The human mind will continue to distort reality using social media" is poignant as it highlights both sides of good and bad with opinion.

No one would deny that it is an important news story deserving of significant coverage but IMO the 24/7 'stop all the clocks' approach is as much about attempting to perpetuate the importance of the monarchy and establish the ongoing relevance of charles.

To me, the sort of approach we are seeing is more appropriate to a time when kings and queens were viewed as demigods, which I doubt even her most ardent admirers would suggest was the case.

Last edited:
Errr, we didn’t lose the Archers, I listened to the Thursday, Friday and Sunday editions last night! :-)
Yes, I think they were included in the omnibus, but Thurs evening not broadcast. When the Archers goes missing, the Tower of London falls.

I know this is going to upset people, so I'd rather those people ignore this post (should be easy then!).

I think she was a somewhat decent person with flaws, torn between family and duty with no say in what happens in politics, but there ARE people that feel like Trevor Sinclair.

You have been warned...

I gave it twenty seconds, it was very weird what with the “presenter” eating food and giggling. You don’t half spend your time watching some shit if you think that’s worth sharing with others.

I’ve seen plenty of comments on here and elsewhere saying no one’s that bothered. I relplied to one earlier.

Your example is a bit different. The numbers particularly in London next week will be huge, I’d imagine like nothing we’ve seen before. Don’t see the comparison. I was just trying highlight how entire villages were turning out - showing people are bothered.
My girlfriend took her kids to London yesterday to see a bit of history and it was absolutely packed.

I’ve read some crap on here these last few days, but this is up there with the best. You’ve obviously not been out of the house and since last Wednesday.

Haha! Yes, I have. Every day, including all day Saturday, all day Sunday. On Ramsbottom's high street yesterday they literally had a black pudding throwing competition going on. Some fairground rides for kids too. Streets were lined with people. We stood about watching it for ages. Hundreds of families out. Everyone fine. I was out in Ribble Valley for my birthday on Saturday too. No mentions of the royal family heard in either place. People having a laugh everywhere. Couldn't be more normal. Dunno where you live, but it's certainly nothing like mournful where I've been. Just a standard weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.