Queen Elizabeth II

I’ve read some crap on here these last few days, but this is up there with the best. You’ve obviously not been out of the house and since last Wednesday.
Every word he said is correct. I'm yet to meet a single person who is that bothered. Even my missus, who was a fan of the Queen, said she thinks it's been sensationalised. The BBC's coverage over this has been an outrage; flagrant propaganda.

I don't doubt that some are, but frankly, I'd consider the majority that are to be well on their way to being considered "old" and have grown up surrounded by this deifying of one woman who ostensibly did nothing to change people's lives.

I gave it twenty seconds, it was very weird what with the “presenter” eating food and giggling. You don’t half spend your time watching some shit if you think that’s worth sharing with others.
And I gave the BBC coverage twenty seconds before leaving the room. Funny how perceptions work, isn't it?

Now reporting people will be slowing walking for 30 hours in a queue just to see the coffin. Fucking madness.
Well, if people are keen enough to stand in a line for 30 hours to see a coffin, good luck to them.

I think they are eligible to be certified, but you could argue it's only like queuing up for FA Cup Final tickets
at Maine Road back in the day. Some people will make sacrifices that others will never understand.

Not a huge royalist, but it was sad. I shed a tear. I liked her, she was funny to watch on TV and a constant presence.

My daughter who's 7 was upset too. We went to church and signed the book of remembrance together and lit a candle. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have done it, but I felt like it was a nice thing to do and something she wanted to do and will likely remember.

For the funeral we're having a family get together. I'm mainly doing it for my Grandma who's 94. She loved the queen and the two ladies are similar in wit and personality (from as much as i understand of the queen).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.