Queen Elizabeth II

What are you expecting? People to be crying there eyes out Infront of you or constantly talking about it?

Of course people are going to carry on as normal.

You’ve walked past people and not heard them talking about the queen - that means no one’s talking about it? One of the most talked about events in decades, but apparently no one cares to even mention it where you live. Come off it.

My grandma died and two days later I had to go into work and carry out meetings as normal. Know one would know I was sad or upset about it. Going off what your saying people are only sad or mournful if it’s visible..
Bang on.

What did people expect to see when they ventured out to the shops?

All curtains drawn across the town, children barred from playing out, gentlemen in morning suits wearing black ties, ladies in black veils and pensioners fainting with grief? With the absence of any of these proof that no one is interested in the Queen, and clear confirmation that everyone shares rampant anti-monarchist views?

So 4 friends meet up, they've not seen them since the Queen has passed and no one mentions it AT ALL ? I find that hard to believe, don't you ?

To be fair, the 7 or 8 people I go drinking with on match days decided to meet up as normal on Saturday and I can’t remember it being mentioned at all. Having said that, things are a little bit blurry from about 4 pm onwards. So fuck knows what was talked about after that.

Dorgi is a corgi/dachshund cross, I think. I think they're an attempt to get round nasty genetic issues that corgis have.
Well I own a Borgi - Border Collie cross so your assumption/theory sounds right.
She’s only a pup so I’m not letting her anywhere near Andrew Windsor.

Dorgi is a corgi/dachshund cross, I think. I think they're an attempt to get round nasty genetic issues that corgis have.

There are 2 of them, and apparently Andrew and Sarah gave them to the Queen last year. Doesn't seem unreasonable for them to take them back.

Pretty sure the Dorgi originates from the royal family, the dachshund was Margaret’s.

Most people don't care about a lot of things in this country and occupy themselves with their family and friends and the little things in life. One in three of us don't even bother to vote. But that still doesn't mean that the death of the Queen isn't the biggest thing to happen in our country since the end of WWII. There wont be another event like this that gathers people and world leaders in our lifetimes. There are likely to be 2million people descending on London in the next week.

Suggesting no one is bothered because you haven't talked about it, doesn't render it a non event, It will be largest event the UK is likely to see and possibly the world in so far as world leaders gathering to show their respects to someone they held in very high esteem. That is just the way it is.
"But that still doesn't mean that the death of the Queen isn't the biggest thing to happen in our country since the end of WWI"

The biggest event since World War II? Is that a serious comment?

Snap.

When I was at Uni I worked part time in a Bookshop. One day this snooty woman came to the till. She had bought 3 cheap books and the price was £3. She took 3 single pound notes and dropped them one by one on the counter. I looked straight at her with a look of fury. Picked up the notes one by one, put them in the till one by one. Put each book into a single bag and dropped them, one by be on the counter. You should have seen her face. I just stared her out, she picked them up and left. The manager of the shop was standing beside me and gave me a look.

I don’t take that shit off anybody. I told him.

He just shook his head and smiled.

Manners cost nothing. She may have been snooty, but she had zero fucking class.
I don’t have much hate in me, but I hate people like that and have absolutely no hesitation in calling them rude cunts to their faces.

"But that still doesn't mean that the death of the Queen isn't the biggest thing to happen in our country since the end of WWI"

The biggest event since World War II? Is that a serious comment?

It's probably overstating things, but I doubt there has been much that has made the front pages of newspapers all over the world, including local papers, have produced statements quite like Macron's and the Pope's, or seen the US order that all flags on federal buildings be at half-mast for 10 days.

It may be that it's about the biggest from an international point of view. Given how many queued for the Queen Mother, I have no conception of how the lying in state at Westminster will be managed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.