Queen Elizabeth II

Just catching a documentary on her; she made almost everyone she met happier for the experience.

She bought more happiness to the world.

How can that be a bad thing?
She got nicer and more likable with age, always found her a bit frosty and serious in her younger days but the job description probably insists on that.

I am non a Royalist but always respected her for what she did , in my life time the only slight error she made was with Diana's death and she learnt quickly from that, always the sign of a smart and intelligent person.

No need for the Beckham hate. He got there in the middle of the night when no cameras were around and queued for 12 hours when more than likely he could have got a free pass to skip the lines. Maybe just maybe he wanted to pay his respects and it's not about a knighthood! Not his biggest fan but respect where its due.
Fuck him he’s a knob

No need for the Beckham hate. He got there in the middle of the night when no cameras were around and queued for 12 hours when more than likely he could have got a free pass to skip the lines. Maybe just maybe he wanted to pay his respects and it's not about a knighthood! Not his biggest fan but respect where its due.
Yep. Fair one. No idea why anyone would post any negative comments about this. I don't particularly like the guy, but there's nothing here to dislike.

I’m surprised that anyone could be surprised that the coffin might have been empty.

If a corpse isn’t kept on ice it ballon’s up with expanding gasses, generally rots and stinks to high heavens.
If anyone doesn’t believe that then they should throw a fresh chicken into the boot of their car and leave it there for a week.

Empty coffin / corpse on ice. It would be indecent to do otherwise.
What’s not to know about that?
Vacuum packed?

Ive said this. Ive not had an answer off anyone though, just hate.

Where ever she went thousands lined the street to cheer and smile. As you say, how can that be a bad thing ?

I’ve answered this

Yes she was a lovely lovely person and a great monarch

But what if we were to know her political leanings ? What if she loved Boris ? was a Covid denier? What if she supports Tottenham ?

Everyone loves her because she is the epitome of sitting on the fence

I watched the feed yesterday

Around 36 people a minute were passing the coffin.

That means that around 2160 people an hour are passing.

So a queue of 24 hours means that there is approximately 51580 currently queuing.

(I watched for two minutes and took an average, it might have been a slow time of day [around 3pm])
So how many totally for the time people have been allowed to bow to a possible empty box or a very well mumified queen?

I am guessing less than 1% of the population, once you factor in tourists too, maybe the beeb could stop acting like we have all stopped our lives for a week.

And this isn't an anti queen post, god bless her, but some of the live coverage is borderline banana republic propoganda levels

I’m surprised that anyone could be surprised that the coffin might have been empty.

If a corpse isn’t kept on ice it ballon’s up with expanding gasses, generally rots and stinks to high heavens.
If anyone doesn’t believe that then they should throw a fresh chicken into the boot of their car and leave it there for a week.

Empty coffin / corpse on ice. It would be indecent to do otherwise.
What’s not to know about that?

Should the chicken be embalmed before I chuck it in the boot?

Not the biggest fan of the monarchy though admire the Queen.

Not the biggest fan of Beckham (his self promoting does grate)

However he waited in the queue like the rest of the general public which is his prerogative and like any “ star” would be photographed. So I don’t see a lot wrong here.

I admire all the people who are are making the effort to pay tribute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.