Queen Elizabeth II

I am not a royalist or a non royalist, but as others have said I do find all the medals they wear odd. Edward was in the marines for about 4 months ! How did he get any medals ?.

I have stood by the side of the road with my than young lad to see the queen go past. I dont know why I did lol. Saw her 3 times that day, once her out riders stopped in at a junction as her car went passed.

I dont have any feelings of grief or loss etc but I still respect people who do. I would never say anything out of place. I have found myself watching lots of this over the week. I even watched the queens flight on my plane watching app. :/. I have volunteered to work Sunday evening for the National minutes silence. To set up barriers and close roads for a few minutes in the town centre.

What I find amazing is our armed forces and the organisation that goes into this.

I find it odd that people want to queue for hours but they to are adding to the spectacle.

Even Beckham is getting moaned at. I am not keen on him but fair do's for queuing.

I will be watching the funeral

Not because I am a royalist ( I'm not ) but because I am proud of the arm forces for their dedication, admiration for their attention to detail.

Plus many of us have lost our parents and it fucking painful royalty or dont. I couldn't imagine doing what that are doing in public. Perhaps they are in auto pilot at the moment.

That's enough rambling !

I am not a royalist or a non royalist, but as others have said I do find all the medals they wear odd. Edward was in the marines for about 4 months ! How did he get any medals ?.

I have stood by the side of the road with my than young lad to see the queen go past. I dont know why I did lol. Saw her 3 times that day, once her out riders stopped in at a junction as her car went passed.

I dont have any feelings of grief or loss etc but I still respect people who do. I would never say anything out of place. I have found myself watching lots of this over the week. I even watched the queens flight on my plane watching app. :/. I have volunteered to work Sunday evening for the National minutes silence. To set up barriers and close roads for a few minutes in the town centre.

What I find amazing is our armed forces and the organisation that goes into this.

I find it odd that people want to queue for hours but they to are adding to the spectacle.

Even Beckham is getting moaned at. I am not keen on him but fair do's for queuing.

Not because I am a royalist ( I'm not ) but because I am proud of the arm forces for their dedication, admiration for their attention to detail.

Plus many of us have lost our parents and it fucking painful royalty or dont. I couldn't imagine doing what that are doing in public. Perhaps they are in auto pilot at the moment.

That's enough rambling !
I suspect the medals are ceremonial shit like knight of the royal garter of Lego land and similar ridiculous things that you and I would be embarrassed to wear in public

I suspect the medals are ceremonial shit like knight of the royal garter of Lego land and similar ridiculous things that you and I would be embarrassed to wear in public
Just found this,
While he never actively served in the military, he does have a number of military honours and titles.
In 2006 he gained the title of Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, and in 2007 he became the Royal Colonel of 2nd Battalion, The Rifles.
He also has been bestowed the title of Honorary Air Commodore of Royal Air Force Waddington and is a Royal Honorary Colonel of the London Regiment.'
So basically like when you get a honorary degree, worth fuck all.
Fraudawindsor

That's enough rambling !
One for every kid uncle Andy has nonced?

Just found this,
While he never actively served in the military, he does have a number of military honours and titles.
In 2006 he gained the title of Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, and in 2007 he became the Royal Colonel of 2nd Battalion, The Rifles.
He also has been bestowed the title of Honorary Air Commodore of Royal Air Force Waddington and is a Royal Honorary Colonel of the London Regiment.'
So basically like when you get a honorary degree, worth fuck all.
Fraudawindsor

He's got more medals than me and I served in the RAF for 25 years!

I think with him it's the underlying quest for good publicity. Yes he went at 3 am but still ended up in the papers and tv. (good PR) He's now even got City fans liking him :)
He has a PR team and they may have advised him to "join the queue"

His extremely well paid job for Qatar has given him plenty of bad PR though.
Yeah it’s good optics cosplaying a pleb for 12 hour apparently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.