Question Time

Good grief. There's zero certainty that PR would be any better if it kept the Tories in power like the last coalition.

And you simply cannot have zero certainty that things would not be better under Labour.

This allthesamery is now the last refuge of Tory scoundrels.
Spoke to a colleague yesterday who said he doesn’t have a vote because how can he vote for the Tories.

So much wrong with that statement, especially as he stated that he liked some of what Labour were saying.

Did you hear what he said, do you agree with him on leaving the ECHR?

Ultimately I believe the UK won’t have to leave the ECHR, because over the next 10-15 years or so they’ll be a dramatic shift in the mainstream political opinion across Europe towards the migration issue, and the sort of schemes which appear controversial now will become the norm. Any legal or constitutional impediments will simply be moved out of the way.

You only have to look at the global population projections and where that growth is concentrated to see the sort of pressure that migration will place on Europe. Expecting all of this to disappear with Rishi Sunak, like most of the people on here expect, simply isn’t rational.

Be honest, have you got total faith in Starmer and Rayner??
Would you have total faith in any new government that has no track record because the other side have been in power for 14 years?

What we know as fact is that under the current government people have on average got poorer, international trade is more difficult, the health service and education system have both got worse, corruption amongst politicians has gone through the roof, other public services have been cut right back, infrastructure spending has slowed right down and growth has been negligible.

There’s absolutely no justification for voting for more of the same. Anything a new government does can be judged once they’ve been in power for a while.

Would you have total faith in any new government that has no track record because the other side have been in power for 14 years?

What we know as fact is that under the current government people have on average got poorer, international trade is more difficult, the health service and education system have both got worse, corruption amongst politicians has gone through the roof, other public services have been cut right back, infrastructure spending has slowed right down and growth has been negligible.

There’s absolutely no justification for voting for more of the same. Anything a new government does can be judged once they’ve been in power for a while.
Totally agree … it’s just a shame that our politics are as bad as our National team’s manager

Re international trade, we as a democratic nation bear the brunt of the blame for the shit-show we face right now

Be honest, have you got total faith in Starmer and Rayner??

Politics is not a religion so I am not required to have faith. I have a reasonable expectation that Labour under Starmer will be more competent at governance - something the Tories gradually abandoned after 2016.

I do not expect then to get everything right, nor will I agree with everything they do. I do expect them to have a better understanding of the problems we face and to act with a degree of propriety when tackling these issues.

Politics is not a religion so I am not required to have faith. I have a reasonable expectation that Labour under Starmer will be more competent at governance - something the Tories gradually abandoned after 2016.

I do not expect then to get everything right, nor will I agree with everything they do. I do expect them to have a better understanding of the problems we face and to act with a degree of propriety when tackling these issues.
You’ve got more faith in Labour than me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.