Question Time

Sorry? I’m not one to talk about my money but will say that I have no worries and actually pass a lot of mine to my kids while they are making their way through the shitshow that the Tories have brought.

More than happy to pay more tax and wouldn’t be worried if Labour, or any other government, wanted more to really invest in this country. Not that I think Labour will but it looks like the Tories have scared some enough, it’s got them doing a ‘Scrooge’

That’s all the Tories have left, scaremongering the selfish. Got some hook, line and sinker.
Why should anyone pay tax on their savings. Tax as already been paid when it was earnt.

Oddly my view on this has nothing to do with any scaremongering as you put it by the tories but far more of what Labour aren't saying and my experience of family who worked for the Labour party.

Why should anyone pay tax on their savings. Tax as already been paid when it was earnt.

Oddly my view on this has nothing to do with any scaremongering as you put it by the tories but far more of what Labour aren't saying and my experience of family who worked for the Labour party.
You’ve just told me who you are with your ‘I’ve got more money than you’ jibe, trying to look down on others from your sneering seat.

I don’t need to know anymore, have a nice day.

You’ve just told me who you are with your ‘I’ve got more money than you’ jibe, trying to look down on others from your sneering seat.

I don’t need to know anymore, have a nice day.
Could you please point out where I said " I have more money than you" and that I look down on others. That last post of yours is pretty poor, even by the the standards on here.

The Conservative Party have fucked up majorly since being elected into power. I don’t know if any party can dig us out of the shit we are in. But the Tories need to be punished for their mis-management of this countries economics.

If the Labour Party fuck up we fuck them off at the general election too.

This guy is a troll, an idiot or a selfish twat. Better to leave him be.
So I can assume that your like of my post tells me this was referring to me. Why is it that anyone who has a differing opinion or view to all the left wingers on here is a troll, wum, twat or other such things.

Sorry? I’m not one to talk about my money but will say that I have no worries and actually pass a lot of mine to my kids while they are making their way through the shitshow that the Tories have brought.

More than happy to pay more tax and wouldn’t be worried if Labour, or any other government, wanted more to really invest in this country. Not that I think Labour will but it looks like the Tories have scared some enough, it’s got them doing a ‘Scrooge’

That’s all the Tories have left, scaremongering the selfish. Got some hook, line and sinker.
The problem is what does 'invest' in this country mean? They're already spending £120bn on a train line that we don't need and they spent £20bn on Crossrail. That's £140bn spent and not a single penny will benefit anybody north of London. I know that's specific but this is the hole that they're throwing your money into.

You only have to ask why there isn't enough tax to fund public services but they always find money when they need to. Westminster is soon going to be refurbished at a cost of £20bn. I haven't seen that in a costed manifesto so where is that money coming from? Don't worry they'll find it but more hospital beds at a fractional cost... Pft, forget it.

I just find it amazing really that there is an obssession over tax as though there is no tax income so we must urgently pay even more.. As it stands if you seriously want to pay more tax then why not do it voluntarily as you can via NI? In reality you may as well draw out £1000 a year and burn it.

Last edited:
So I can assume that your like of my post tells me this was referring to me. Why is it that anyone who has a differing opinion or view to all the left wingers on here is a troll, wum, twat or other such things.
It’s the sense that you put yourself first in front of paying a tiny bit more to help others that will probably grate with people.

Especially since the Tories have increased taxes more than any Labour government has. Your fear is based on prejudice of the Labour Party over the facts.

Could you please point out where I said " I have more money than you" and that I look down on others. That last post of yours is pretty poor, even by the the standards on here.
Poor, what, like this one:

… you and your lot just hate the thought of someone having more than you

Who are me and my lot? And why do you have more than me? You obviously assumed that you could look down on people because you have ‘More than me’, and that I was beneath you because you believed you were better off.

Crass, to say the least.

If your savings are outside an ISA, you have a tax-free concession which I think is 1k. Anything above that, and tax is already payable on interest on savings.

So unless Labour plans to abolish ISAs, or take away the tax-free concession, I don't see much of an issue. If they do, then many of us will need to fill in a tax return. But anyway, if you are so rich that you save more than 20k a year (ISA limit) and have more interest than the limit on non-ISA savings, you are already paying tax. Or should be, according to law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.