Question Time

The problem is what does 'invest' in this country mean? They're already spending £120bn on a train line that we don't need and they spent £20bn on Crossrail. That's £140bn spent and not a single penny will benefit anybody north of London. I know that's specific but this is the hole that they're throwing your money into.

You only have to ask why there isn't enough tax to fund public services but they always find money when they need to. Westminster is soon going to be refurbished at a cost of £20bn. I haven't seen that in a costed manifesto so where is that money coming from? Don't worry they'll find it but more hospital beds at a fractional cost... Pft, forget it.

I just find it amazing really that there is an obssession over tax as though there is no tax income so we must urgently pay even more.. As it stands if you seriously want to pay more tax then why not do it voluntarily as you can via NI? In reality you may as well draw out £1000 a year and burn it.
It was a quick reply with the emphasis being for the greater good, not just for the Tories to hand to their pals.

It’s the sense that you put yourself first in front of paying a tiny bit more to help others that will probably grate with people.

Especially since the Tories have increased taxes more than any Labour government has. Your fear is based on prejudice of the Labour Party over the facts.
I've paid more than my fair share over the last 40 plus years and I am still paying now. I don't think a "tiny bit more " would be an issue for most if it sorted waiting lists etc out.

There is no disputing we have the highest taxes at the moment but IMO that is going to rise under Labour and we don't know exactly how.

I've paid more than my fair share over the last 40 plus years and I am still paying now. I don't think a "tiny bit more " would be an issue for most if it sorted waiting lists etc out.

There is no disputing we have the highest taxes at the moment but IMO that is going to rise under Labour and we don't know exactly how.
You don’t just stop paying tax because you’ve paid it for 40 years though.

Poor, what, like this one:

… you and your lot just hate the thought of someone having more than you

Who are me and my lot? And why do you have more than me? You obviously assumed that you could look down on people because you have ‘More than me’, and that I was beneath you because you believed you were better off.

Crass, to say the least.
When I said "someone" I wasn't referring to me I was referring to anyone who is reasonably well off who seem to be the target for some on here. I can assure you that I wasn't looking down on you or anyone and if I gave you that impression, I apologise.

What exactly is your evidence of this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.