Question Time

I don't get your point.

The note, as I said, was a standing joke between politicians going back years. It was not serious. You understand the concept of workplace jokes, yeah?

A government with a fiat currency can never, ever run out of money. You don't think they keep government money in a sort of big piggy bank do you? Medieval kings did, in a way. They had a finite money supply. But we are long past that. The government can print paper money (or create it electronically) to an infinite degree. (There are consequences for going too far, but that's not what we're talking about.)

So, an office joke was weaponised and many people took it seriously, and still do!

Meanwhile, the government debt is vastly higher than it was when Labour left office. And to head off objections at the pass, it was before Covid and Ukraine though these things and Brexit have made it worse.

Whether it 'suits' me or not is irrelevant. These are provable facts.

They never let the facts get in the way of a good Tory. :)

I don't get your point.

The note, as I said, was a standing joke between politicians going back years. It was not serious. You understand the concept of workplace jokes, yeah?

A government with a fiat currency can never, ever run out of money. You don't think they keep government money in a sort of big piggy bank do you? Medieval kings did, in a way. They had a finite money supply. But we are long past that. The government can print paper money (or create it electronically) to an infinite degree. (There are consequences for going too far, but that's not what we're talking about.)

So, an office joke was weaponised and many people took it seriously, and still do!

Meanwhile, the government debt is vastly higher than it was when Labour left office. And to head off objections at the pass, it was before Covid and Ukraine though these things and Brexit have made it worse.

Whether it 'suits' me or not is irrelevant. These are provable facts.
Money printing directly leads to inflation and we've seen what inflation can do to people. More of this is not the answer.

Look at Germany, it has strong fiscal rules and so it is not heavily burdened by debt. However it has the kind of economy that we should aspire to. One that is led by physical and tangible growth (manufacturing etc). It is not heavily exposed to the risks in the world financial markets.

The answer is not to rely further upon the intangible whims of monetary policy, the banks or growth of big city finance. Unfortunately though that's where UK PLC growth predominately comes from whilst everything else is suffering.

Don't waste your breath mate, the Starmer fanboys think he us going to solve all the problems with 5 fishes and 5 loaves
Starmer that would have served under Corbyn, the Ukraine wouldnt have ChallengerTanks, Storm Shawdows, training by British troops ect, and he wouldn't of condemned the terror attack against Israel on October the 7th, the man is a fucking snake

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.