Question to all those who think we have blown the title..

hgblue said:
samharris said:
hgblue said:
Have you completely lost it? All our remaining home games will sell out, but many fans will be turning up in hope rather than expectation. There's been a sea change in how many City fans see the title race in the last couple of weeks, and Bluemoon probably quite accurately reflects that. I don't see a problem with people adopting a more realistic approach in the light of recent results and performances.

Not lost it at all mate..just saying it how it looks to me..you say many will turn up in hope rather than expectation,but going by many on here.."All hope is lost"..
Im only basing my thread on what ive read on here by posters who seem to have given up on any title challenge...just trying to get views and opinions is all.
Still 24 points to play for and the rags could dip on a few..

I think your target may well be the 0.001% of City fans who have 'given up', and I have yet to meet one. All that's happened is a large number have gone from being optimistic about our title chances to pessimistic, based on performances, results, and the two run ins. The idea that City fans who've stood by the club through thin and thinner would abandon the team in their hour of need, because we're disappointed with the likely outcome of the title race is bizarre.

oh ffs read my posts..im not talking about the posters who are disappointed with the "likely outcome" but those on threads who say it is 100% lost,over,kaput,nada,dead etc.. theres a difference...

Bit of a strange question to be honest.
It's all part of the fun. Some people need to lighten the fuck up.
I really don't know how some people coped when he had real problems a few years ago.
I was watching some other games over the weekend, and it got me thinking. (with all due respect) "why are these fans getting so excited? they're mid table with fuck all to play for, they won't get into europe and they won't get relegated, and they're celebrating a goal that really has no significance to the remainder of their season. Why are they still bothering turning up each week?
I then look at us, and we're top of the league on goal difference, still to play a home game against the team we're battling it out with.
Let's get behind the team, and enjoy the ride in what is our best season i have seen since being alive.

I can't wait for tomorrow night at 10pm when united slip up against fulham, and this board is full of threads such as: "it's back in our hands", "not a bad point to stoke now eh", "we're gonna do it", "it's meant to be", "it's our time" etc....

DanCity2890 said:
I really don't know how some people coped when he had real problems a few years ago.
I was watching some other games over the weekend, and it got me thinking. (with all due respect) "why are these fans getting so excited? they're mid table with fuck all to play for, they won't get into europe and they won't get relegated, and they're celebrating a goal that really has no significance to the remainder of their season. Why are they still bothering turning up each week?
I then look at us, and we're top of the league on goal difference, still to play a home game against the team we're battling it out with.
Let's get behind the team, and enjoy the ride in what is our best season i have seen since being alive.

I can't wait for tomorrow night at 10pm when united slip up against fulham, and this board is full of threads such as: "it's back in our hands", "not a bad point to stoke now eh", "we're gonna do it", "it's meant to be", "it's our time" etc....
That is not going to happen. It may happen when they go away though

Not ready to give up myself.

If our players and coaches can't find a way to improve away form, yeah it's already over. But still plenty of points to play for.

Marvin said:
DanCity2890 said:

I fancy 4-0 tomorrow night. Maybe Wigan away? Blackburn away? Suppose it's possible because both teams are fighting for their lives, but I just don't see it happening tbh.

Marvin said:
DanCity2890 said:

Yeah you're probably right. Let's just give em the title now then eh :(

hanley_1430832a.jpg

hgblue said:
Marvin said:
DanCity2890 said:

I fancy 4-0 tomorrow night. Maybe Wigan away? Blackburn away? Suppose it's possible because both teams are fighting for their lives, but I just don't see it happening tbh.

Funny old game football..owt could happen..If youd said to a dipper two weeks ago that they would lose 6 points to two relegation teams one at home one away and conceed 5 they'd have had you committed...

But thats excactly what happened... the fat lady isnt due on stage for a while yet..

samharris said:
hgblue said:
Marvin said:

Funny old game football..owt could happen..If youd said to a dipper two weeks ago that they would lose 6 points to two relegation teams one at home one away and conceed 5 they'd have had you committed...

But thats excactly what happened... the fat lady isnt due on stage for a while yet..

I had Liverpool down to lose 2-1 yesterday on my Skysports Super6 ;).

hgblue said:
samharris said:
hgblue said:

I had Liverpool down to lose 2-1 yesterday on my Skysports Super6 ;).

Good man :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.