Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

Do queues move faster on a hot day early or late season when we’re all more scantily dressed I’m M1 and can’t say I’ve noticed a difference unless they start scanning for concealed budgies

Do queues move faster on a hot day early or late season when we’re all more scantily dressed I’m M1 and can’t say I’ve noticed a difference unless they start scanning for concealed budgies
smuggling budgies in is fine....I do it all the time in mine.

I'm in that queue and never get stuck ....they mostly wave me through after a quick scan with a plastic wand thingy

Nobody will catch hypothermia opening their coat for ten seconds. Do you think they get dressed up like that to put the bins out?

However they could die if someone managed to get something in a stadium they shouldn’t do.

I bet all these awkward fans wouldn’t challenge airport staff. It’s ironic that the ‘minimum wage’ staff are accused of having power when it seems that some try to get a pathetic little victory by refusing to help.

You wouldn’t think we had large scale terror attack in an arena in our city.
Great response. I think some posters need to get a grip on reality. We all have choices in life.

Stewards trying to show us how to use the turn styles on the way in to M2 on Sat like we're stupid and then asking to see tickets on phone on way from concourse to steps down!!! Holding everyone up - how the fuck are we supposed to get into the ground without a ticket? If it's to stop people standing where they aren't allocated seats then they'd just walk along the rows anyway.

Great response. I think some posters need to get a grip on reality. We all have choices in life.
Very in touch with reality. The point however is being missed. The searches are a waste of time. Keys coins etc the scanners don’t detect them half the time.

If you use ss3 and don’t get to the turnstile with 30 mins to spare you’re most likely to miss kick off.

Due to overzealous, lazy and frustrating stewards all of which seem to pick an choose based on the day how willing they are to enforce policies.

So when you get a different story each week and hundreds of people are about to miss kick off but some lads got to take his cap off incase he has an Ak47 underneath it’s hard to not find it frustrating.

(also at airports everyone is searched at city it’s selective at best)

Tell me what area of the ground has that issue half hour before the game :)

*with kick off times constantly changing this will happen more often due to the times we play 19:30 etc makes it impossible to get to games any earlier than half hour before.

As I said previously I don’t begrudge the people doing their jobs or that some issues are due to people being late at times but it’s consistency and the selectiveness which doesn’t sit right with people, one rule one minute next minute anything goes.

Nobody will catch hypothermia opening their coat for ten seconds. Do you think they get dressed up like that to put the bins out?

However they could die if someone managed to get something in a stadium they shouldn’t do.

I bet all these awkward fans wouldn’t challenge airport staff. It’s ironic that the ‘minimum wage’ staff are accused of having power when it seems that some try to get a pathetic little victory by refusing to help.

You wouldn’t think we had large scale terror attack in an arena in our city.
It's the inconsistency and randomness of it all. I could go to 18 home games and be wanded, and then on the 19th home game be told to unzip my coat and my fleece by one over zealous steward, not to mention asking me to take off my beanie hat. What am I going to hide under a beanie hat?

Apart from being insane and brainwashed, obviously they don't think they are, there isn't anything that can perfectly describe what a suicide bomber looks like.

But I'm white. 56 years old. I'm a FOC. I've had a season ticket for as long as I can remember. I've got a Mancunian accent. I've got my phone ready to scan at the turnstile. I've got no criminal record. I've been using the same entrance for years since moving to SSL1, block 115, etc. I'm sure the stewards must recognize me by now, unless they are rotated every home match, which I doubt. What exactly am I going to conceal under my coat that would warrant a steward to ask me to open it? Drink? Food? The funny thing is, I've never been asked to empty my coat pockets once where I could have drugs, a knife, or something else, like a metal camera, that has never been picked up by a wand.

Just to add. When I get wanded I do it 2nd nature. Arms out, face forward, turn around, go. I don't ever kick up a fuss.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.