Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

Perhaps I’m wrong, but surely people would only need to empty their pockets, bags, and open their coats, take their hats off, etc, if the wands actually beeped and picked something up. (which the wand has never done when I’ve been scanned) If the wand did beep and the steward asked me to empty my pockets, to take my coat off, to take my hat off, I would. Whereas, if I’ve been wanded and the wand hasn’t beeped, why would the steward ask me to open my coat or to take my hat off? All that is doing is holding up the queue behind me, wasting other peoples time, wasting my time, and wasting the stewards time for no reason at all, bar, I would assume, the steward deciding I was the person who will have to open their coat.

I honestly don’t recall ever being told to open my coat going into a concert, a night club, a bar, a restaurant, or at any other leisure venue. But for some strange reason City are making it a policy for the stewards they pay via a security company to ask City fans to open their coats and to take their hats off as a security check.
I think them kind of wands can be set to beep or vibrate, so even if you didn't hear a beep you could of still activated the wand.

I think them kind of wands can be set to beep or vibrate, so even if you didn't hear a beep you could of still activated the wand.

Possibly?

It depends on the make and the model of the wand and how it functions and alerts the user.

You are an adult (I assume). If you can’t get somewhere on time don’t blame anyone but yourself. The fact you missed kick off on Saturday is nobody’s fault but your own. If you are travelling a long distance set off earlier.

Yes there are queues at M1. So fucking what. I’d rather security be OTT and it be safe. Get there earlier as it’s been like that since the new tier in the SS opened.

Trouble these days is people always want to blame someone or something else for their own inabilities and failings.

I'm an adult, I get to the game on time, I queue up outside M1 (and have done every single game since it opened) amazingly, as an adult, I have other responsibilities that mean I may or may not be able to get to certain games any earlier than I do.

I'm not arsed about being searched, if anything I encourage it, but if you ever went in entrance M1 you'd understand that many peoples gripes are with the lack of stewards searching at any set time, the club could easily rectify this but dont seem to give a shit, ive mentioned it on every single survey they've ever sent out but nothing has been done yet nor looks like there will be in future

I'm an adult, I get to the game on time, I queue up outside M1 (and have done every single game since it opened) amazingly, as an adult, I have other responsibilities that mean I may or may not be able to get to certain games any earlier than I do.

I'm not arsed about being searched, if anything I encourage it, but if you ever went in entrance M1 you'd understand that many peoples gripes are with the lack of stewards searching at any set time, the club could easily rectify this but dont seem to give a shit, ive mentioned it on every single survey they've ever sent out but nothing has been done yet nor looks like there will be in future
Its dreadful, more stewards and an extra turnstyle if they wanted to spend on the plebs but as you say they dont give a shit.

Go in M1 every game and nothing up with the process.
Get there earlier.
Next.

Exactly
Security is required
However having 5 stewards wanding people and another 5 stood doing nothing isn’t efficient.

Exactly
Security is required
However having 5 stewards wanding people and another 5 stood doing nothing isn’t efficient.
What are the wands meant to detect? Ive gone in with all sorts and just waved through.

My dad has fitted a tens machine to his leg (long story) and has wires everywhere running the length of his leg. He looked like a suicide bomber but wouldnt take it off in the pub beforehand despite my best efforts. Sailed through.

200w.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.