Quitting smoking

Start and stop when I like. Been 4 months off them until the weekend then had a few small cigars. Throat felt rough on Sunday afternoon so I'll stop again for a while.

I like a small cigar. And it annoys the missus.

I went cold turkey way back in 2001, I put some tab ends in a jar half filled it with water, I used to smell it every morning for 6 months and haven't touched a cig since.

Cold Turkey, or ween off?
Vape worked for me, around 15 moths and then stopped the vape and for the month or so after it was the vape I was missing not fags, I had reduced the strength of the vape from 12 months onwards, so right at the end there was hardly any nicotine in it.

6 years now but the main thing to stopping is...

You have got to want to or it won't happen.

I had an old packet of Golden Virginia and a couple of small cigars in a drawer, seemed a shame really.

I would never dare to light up again, you just don't know what it will do to you lol

I think somebody said earlier on if you had 5 fags you will be back addicted again and I don't disbelieve that.

The closest I came to having one was because I kept my baccy tin on my PC desk, so there was some in the house but I would say no to them if tempted, (I used the same technique with drink and had 8 cans in the fridge for 6 months and it is 10 years for no drink.) but one day maybe 2 or 3 months in and on the vape, I had finished my tea and I automatically rolled one and had it in my mouth and was looking for the lighter when I realised what I was doing, took it out of my mouth and removed it from the desk, not sure what would have happened if I had kept the lighter on top of the box tbh.

I do get the odd pang every so often but no different on a hot sunny day thinking I could murder a cold Stella, the same thing would happen it wouldn't be just 1 it would be 10 lol

I stopped about 18 years ago from 20-40 a day. Two old biddies lived in the flat below mine. I had a panic call. Went down to help. These two had been partners since they met in the war. One smoked, one didn't. The smoker was dead on the sofa. I put her on the floor and gave her mouth to mouth and cpr until the ambulance came, which seemed like a hell of a long time. She still had a faint pulse when they took over and they took her away. After a while i went back upstairs and had a fag on the roof garden, put it out and stopped. (The old bid was doa at the hospital, suspect they just didn't bother once the ambulance set off...)
I've had a very occasional spliff or roll up at festivals since.

So just follow old smokers around, wait 'til they have a heart attack, then inflate the corpse for 15-20 mins. With a bit of practice it'll put you right off...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.