Quitting smoking

I'm on day 3. I'd started again after a few years having just the odd one. For about 3 months I've been properly smoking again, creeps up on you.

Realised I don't like it and also - it's like not wearing a seatbelt these days isn't it? Just feels bloody daft to be smoking.

Doing ok for now!

19 days cold turkey for me today. Getting easier but having a tough day today, hopefully it’ll start to pass after 28 days.

I stopped 13 years ago today
The plan was July 1st when the ban came in
Couple of blips in the first two weeks
Tbh never felt right since nasal issues , catarrah ever since !!!!

never starting again tho they stink !!!

Last edited:
I gave up 11 years ago and I swear blind that my strategy works.

Plan for the day that your going to give up and then make an appointment with your GP. Tell them you want to give up and need help, take the prescription for chewing gum... The strongest one. The day before your gonna stop, smoke normally but be aware that you have to smoke your last fag by 8pm.

This is the difficult bit, no more fags after 8, grin and bare it till the next morning. When you wake up, hold out for as long as you can (with me it was about 2 hours) then throw a chewing gum down your gob. The release and rush you get is amazing, almost drug like. Keep up the gum for few days and you'll be over it. Your nicotine addiction will be gone.

Try it. Honestly it works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.