R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Re: R.I.P Maine Road :( Moments

allyboy said:
Going with me dad (RIP) and throwing the ball to Tammoy Caton (RIP) on main stand touchline before kick-off, and him doing 2 headers with me back and fro.
1981. 9 years old

RIP Maine Road. The best memories.

CTID.

Brilliant.

Buying a chip butty outside the ground and asking for it on a muffin, ;) Nah, standing in the Kippax, and walking up Lowthorpe street, going into the tunnel, and seeing the pitch come into view!

Good times, RIP main road!

Sitting on the tops of the exits from the kippax as a kid when it was standing, standing up on it when we scored and shitting myself at the potential drop when my dad let go to celebrate. Actually falling off the top of the exit only to land like spiderman perfectly unharmed and then run back up to get back on.

Getting seperated from my dad after a night match, was only about 8, was crying my eyes out, steward took me inside the main stand had a mini tour of the changing rooms etc ended up in a room where loads of people was having an after match meal. Got to meet kinkladze and give him his man of the match champers then got a photo with him and signed programmes etc, ended up having the time of my life whilst my dad was running around like a mad man looking for me.

Another memory I have is eating fish and chips from City Chippy during my dinner hour,sat in the Platt Lane Stand watching the builders in the Kippax starting work on the new stand. It didnt seem like they were getting anywhere in the time i was there .

felixbg said:
supercity36 said:
quote="Barry Conlons wig"
CITYtilIdie24 said:
Im pretty cert it was the 93-94 season and in jan as my bro was over from oz and it was vonk who scored as i seem to remember the ball getting stuck in a puddle in the north stand goal and vonk followed it up sliding it over the line, Ingebrigtsen got the first and when the ref called the game off Coton had a right fit on him

couldnt have been mate, i went and was born in 95

dickov scored

yeah i answered for you guys at the top of the page -

i'll repost my post here again

Re people on about the abandoned match v Ipswich.

There were 2, that's the weird thing, the 2 most recent abandoned matches were both against ipswich - one under Brian Horton in late 1993 (and yes Ingebrigtson scored his first for us i think), and then years later we played Ipswich in the league cup QF (can't remember the year - maybe 2002?) and that was abandoned too.
We won the replay for the 93 one, but lost the QF.
So maybe that's why you guys are disagreeing about the dates - cos you forgot there was 2!

As for Maine Road memories, i love that place so much i don't know where to start, it's my life and i miss it every day if i'm honest.

Barry Conlons wig said:

Im pretty cert it was the 93-94 season and in jan as my bro was over from oz and it was vonk who scored as i seem to remember the ball getting stuck in a puddle in the north stand goal and vonk followed it up sliding it over the line, Ingebrigtsen got the first and when the ref called the game off Coton had a right fit on him

No it was in the 2000's cant remember the yr exactly but defo more my time hehe!! i was at the game ive neva gotten so drenched at a footy match i was ill for days after haha.

Tell The King said:
Watching Marc Vivian Foe score the last City goal there against Sunderland. Quote]

Cant believe its been 6 years since that game!! The last city goal at maine road couldnt have gone to a better person and when u think its been 6 yrs since maine road its also been 6 yrs for the sad loss of the big man Marc Vivien Foe aswel RIP!! How Times fly its a shame he never got the chance to play at COMS!

CITYtilIdie24 said:
Barry Conlons wig said:

No it was in the 2000's cant remember the yr exactly but defo more my time hehe!! i was at the game ive neva gotten so drenched at a footy match i was ill for days after haha.

Do you guys just hit reply without reading anyone else's posts? seriously?!?!
The post above yours for example...?!

SWSB said:
Went past maine road today on the way to platt lane today and saw the workmen building on the new houses there. Its hard to believe looking at the building site that city used to play football there.
yeah i have family who live on park road, still brings a happy lump to the throat whenever i visit,happy times eh?

CITYtilIdie24 said:
Tell The King said:
Watching Marc Vivian Foe score the last City goal there against Sunderland. Quote]

Cant believe its been 6 years since that game!! The last city goal at maine road couldnt have gone to a better person and when u think its been 6 yrs since maine road its also been 6 yrs for the sad loss of the big man Marc Vivien Foe aswel RIP!! How Times fly its a shame he never got the chance to play at COMS!
RIP 23

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.